Ways To Save Money For Black Friday

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pitt chapter.

Okay, get prepared for the biggest shopping day of the year! Black Friday is coming up fast, so set your alarms for 5 AM and grab the biggest mug of coffee you can find. The best parts of Black Friday? The crazy sales, the adrenaline of grabbing your favorite things before anyone else and your car packed full of shopping bags at the end of the day. The worst part? Draining your bank account. Yikes. Here are a few tips and tricks to save up some money for your Black Friday shopping!

Ditch the Starbucks

Yes. I said Starbucks specifically because of how ridiculously overpriced their coffee is. One of the easiest ways to save money is by skipping the long coffee shop lines and making your own. If you buy Starbucks even once a week that’s $12-15 a month that you could be putting away in your bank account. If you’re a die-hard iced coffee gal, make a big batch on Sunday night that you can keep in the fridge all week long. As busy college students, it’s understandable that making your own coffee isn’t always the best time saver, so try and opt for a cheaper cup like Dunkin’ Donuts or Crazy Mocha. Sometimes we don’t realize it, but those few dollars do add up.

Meal Prep

Meal prepping is a not only a great money saver but it saves time and is usually a healthier option. Some days it seems like you spend your entire day on campus, and by the time you get home the last thing you feel like doing is making some dinner. The easiest option is always to buy something on your way home or order take out. If you meal prep at the beginning of the week though, all you have to do is pop some Tupperware in the microwave, and you’re definitely save a few bucks.

Decrease your Bills

This may not be the easiest or quickest way to save some cash, but it can be very effective! Electricity bills can add up without you even realizing it. Try to keep as many lights off as possible while you’re home. If nobody is in the kitchen, then there’s no need to keep it lit. Turn off the TV when you’re using it as white noise and listen to some Spotify instead. Unplug your devices once they’re fully charged and save on a little bit more electricity.

Quit the Online Shopping

It’s hard to resist online shopping when it’s just so easy! You don’t have to leave your house; you simply hit “check out”’ and eagerly await a package at your door step. However, if you’re trying to save up some money there’s nothing worse than shopping for clothes online. As tempting as it may be to buy those cute new booties or that comfy looking sweater, wait until Black Friday when you know the deals will be even better.

Hopefully these tips are helpful enough to stash a little cash before ~the big day~ A few dollars here and there will start to add up and, hopefully, you’ll be prepped and set for Black Friday!

Photo Credit: 1 , 2 , 3

Thanks for reading our content! hcxo, HC at Pitt