The Walking Dead Season 2 Finale Recap

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pitt chapter.

As an avid TV watcher, October brings the premiere of one of my favorite shows: “The Walking Dead.” For those of you who missed the final episode of this thrilling and nail-biting shows, here’s a recap for you before the premiere of Season Three on Sunday. For those of you who are still catching up, here’s your warning — don’t read any further.

In the season finale of “The Walking Dead” the survivors are swarmed by a large number of zombies at Hershel Greene’s farm, where they were residing in safety. During the attack, two minor characters Jimmy, the on-and-off boyfriend of Beth Greene, and Patricia, the wife of the deceased farmhand Otis, are killed. The episode follows groups of characters during the attack. Rick and Carl manage to escape a small swarm of zombies and lead them into the Greene’s barn where little Carl drops a match and sends the zombies and the barn up in flames. The other survivors use the vehicles that are left and drive in circles around the farm, “drive-by” shooting zombies out of the cars’ windows. Rick and Carl save Hershel from a swarm of zombies as he runs out of ammo and convince him that he should not go down with his farm. Andrea, while saving Carol, ends up being attacked herself and ends up going down during it. Viewers are left in suspense while the convoy of survivors speed away from the farm. Towards the end of the episode, the convoy meets at the clogged roadway where the first episode of Season Two took place. It is at this place where the big reveals of the season take place. Rick reveals that the virus has infected everyone, whether in zombie form or not.

From previous episodes, viewers are already aware from Randall and Shane turning without being bitten or scratched. Rick explains that he’s known all along, and tells the group that while at the CDC in the Season One finale, Jenner (a scientist), whispered this to Rick before he killed himself. Now the group, and viewers, know the secret whispered between the two. Rick then goes on to explain that he killed Shane. Although viewers are already aware of this fact, it stirs up feelings of anger and distrust in the other survivors. Lori, Rick’s wife, unexpectedly is angered that her husband killed her former lover. The other survivors seem to be evaluating their trust in Rick, but Rick states “This isn’t a democracy anymore.”

In the final minutes of the episode, we catch up with Andrea who is not dead as viewers expected. Running through the woods, turning to kill the zombies that follow her, she ends up trapped beneath two walkers. Right when viewers think this is the end of Andrea, a sword swoops down cutting off the heads of the walkers. The camera then pans up to a mysterious, hooded figure holding a sword. Behind her are two armless walkers which she walks on leashes made from chains. After, the camera pans out of the forest to reveal a prison on the horizon, leaving viewers to question what is going to happen next.

If you are as excited as I am to find out what will happen to the survivors in Season Three, tune into AMC on Sunday October 14th at 9pm to catch the season premiere.

Whaddup doe?! I'm Lindsay Franko. 20 year-old Pitt Junior from Allentown, Pennsylvania. I love to write and always have. If you ladies (or guys) have any suggestions slash ideas for articles that you'd like me to write, send 'emmm in. I'm all about making others happy. Until then, HCXOXOLinds