samantha gades BlIhVfXbi9s unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
samantha gades BlIhVfXbi9s unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

The Ultimate Holiday Study Playlist

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pitt chapter.

The timing of finals is mildly inconvenient. Why are they right before the holidays? I’m supposed to help my mom roll hundreds of stuffed grape leaves, not use sheer willpower to avoid breaking down in my shower and crying over exams.

If you’re like me, you hate studying in complete silence. Mainly because every little noise distracts you from the task at hand, and your mind starts to wander to those delicious grape leaves and stray from solving for the tension force in a truss. I find that the best studying music is instrumental versions of songs, classical pieces or calming melodies with light bits of vocals. The holiday (finals) season is no different. Here are the songs I use to keep my eye on the prize while still getting into a holly, jolly mood. This list is best paired with hot chocolate and a mixture of holiday themed essential oils in your diffuser.

“A Mad Russian’s Christmas” – Trans Siberian Orchestra

“Carol of the Bells” – Mannheim Steamroller

“Christmas Time is Here – Instrumental” – Vince Guaraldi Trio

“Christmas is Coming” – Vince Guaraldi Trio

“Sleigh Ride” – Leroy Anderson

“Mistletoe and Holly” – Frank Sinatra

“The Christmas Song (Merry Christmas to You)” – Nat King Cole

“It’s Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas” – Perry Como, The Fontane Sisters, Mitchell Ayres & His Orchestra

“It’s the Most Wonderful Time of the Year” – Andy Williams

“Christmas Time” – The Platters

“Happy Xmas (War is Over)” – John Lennon, The Harlem Community Choir, The Plastic Ono Band, Yoko Ono

“I’ll be Home for Christmas” – Bing Crosby

“Tchaikovsky: The Nutcracker, Op. 71, Act 2: No.14b Dance of the Sugar-Plum Fairy” – Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky, Simon Rattle, Berliner Philharmoniker

“Tchaikovsky: The Nutcracker, Op. 71, Act1: No.2 March” – Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky, Simon Rattle, Berliner Philharmoniker

“Tchaikovsky: The Nutcracker, Op. 71, Act2: No.13 Waltz of the Flowers” – Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky, Simon Rattle, Berliner Philharmoniker

Photo by Sabrina Martin

All of these songs are available on Spotify on a playlist waiting just for you! Click here for it! I would also like to give an honorable mention to the version of “Carol of the Bells” by the Trans-Siberian Orchestra which is sadly not on Spotify.

I'm a mechanical engineering major with a passion for sustainability and green energy. In my free time I love to skateboard, drink coffee, and listen to music.
Thanks for reading our content! hcxo, HC at Pitt