This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pitt chapter.

Oh, Valentine’s day, a day that everyone has an opinion on. Whether you’re in a relationship, bitter and alone or single and proud, everyone can relate to these types of people on Valentine’s Day.

The “Big Gesture” Couple                                 

This is the couple that goes above and beyond to make Valentine’s Day as special as possible for each other. 

The “Bitter and Alone” Single

This is the person who desperately wants a relationship. This day represents everything they want but just haven’t found yet. Hang in there; it’ll happen when you least expect it.

The “Newly-Single” Single

This is the person who just got out of a relationship. Valentine’s day is a bitter-sweet event for them and, in my experience, time will most likely be passed with lots and lots of chocolate, as well as every rom-com known to man.

The “Given Up on Love” Single

This is the person who has had more than their fair share of failed relationships and just needs a break. Valentine’s day is nothing more than a normal day besides the fact that couples are slightly more annoying than any other time of the year.

The “I’m Dating Myself” Single

This is the person who is one hundred percent in love with themselves. They are strong and independent, just the way they like it. Valentine’s is a day spent with friends, recounting tales of past relationships and reaffirming the fact that being single is the best way to go.

The “Loved-Up” Couple

This is the couple that everyone hates but also secretly wants to be. They’re cuddly. They’re snuggly. They’re downright “cringy”, but also super adorable and everyone is slightly jealous of how in love they are even though we would never admit it.

Image Credit: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Hi there! I'm Abbie and I am double majoring in non-fiction writing and communications at the University of Pittsburgh. My passions include napping and napping some more. On the off chance that I'm not napping, I'm probably somewhere in the library or chilling out with friends.
Thanks for reading our content! hcxo, HC at Pitt