This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pitt chapter.

As a senior at Pitt, I’ve spent the past four years experiencing the best and the worst parts of our school. Luckily I can mostly say my time here has been nothing but amazing. There are a few things unique to Pitt that I’m sure a few of your friends from other schools wouldn’t understand. Here’s a list of all the signs you’re a true panther. 

From the very beginning at Pitt Start, your collection of free Pitt t-shirts has become pretty insane.

No matter how many of those Pitt tees you own, you still wait what seems like hours in the massive line for an I <3 Pitt t-shirt every single year.

Or you just text your friends to grab you one because you’re too lazy to fight the crowd.

You have Instagrammed at least one Cathy picture within the past 48 hours.

Because really, do you even go to Pitt if you didn’t?

First time at Market.

After a year you ditch the meal plan, but you still beg every underclassman to swipe you in.

But once you get there, you realize nothing’s changed.

Which is good, because the beautiful Ophelia is still workin’ the register.

Living in Towers is a pretty fun experience, you’d just never do it again.

During the week, doing whatever it takes to sit next to an electrical outlet in Hillman.

SUCCESS.

You’ve signed up for at least one Healthy U class and imagine it’ll be something like this.

But it ends up being something more like this.

The best parties are always just with a group of close friends.

When you hear that a movie is being filmed on campus.

And you don’t even know who the actors are, but you take selfies with them anyway.

The struggle between paying $5 at Antoon’s and getting Sorrento’s ranch.

And how much that $1 makes a difference when your parents remind you how much the tuition bill was.

But then you remember you get to go anywhere in Pittsburgh FO FREE.

At the football and basketball games, you go all out reppin’ your Pitt Pride.

Because we know we have the best student sections, no matter what the score.

We still get our shining moments though!

And on your 21st, if Peter’s isn’t your first stop on your bar crawl, you’re doing college wrong.

You get to know the karaoke schedule of every bar in Oakland.

You basically never, ever want to graduate and become a real person.

But through it all, you wouldn’t change anything about it. H2P!

Image credit: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34

Hi! My name is Amanda and I am one of the new Campus Correspondents for HC Pitt and am absolutely loving it! Helping others with advice about their articles and getting to read amazing stories has been so rewarding. I love writing about topics that make people's days just a little cheerier! Her Campus has been a wonderful experience for me over the past four years. I get to work with an amazing team every day and could not be more grateful. As a senior, looking back from where I started with Her Campus, I see how much it's changed me and all of the great friends I've made from it too. Saying HC is one of the best things that has happened to me during my college career would be an understatement! I really love how much it has grown and how much others have benefitted from their experience with our organization. HCXO <3
Thanks for reading our content! hcxo, HC at Pitt