Trader Joe’s is Going All Out with Pumpkin Spice This Year

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pitt chapter.

As soon as the clock strikes midnight on October first, it is officially pumpkin spice season in my eyes. Yes, technically autumn began on September 23rd, but who associates September with pumpkins? October is the time to go pumpkin picking, make a jack-o’-lantern, or for me, go to Trader Joe’s. My favorite grocery store has started breaking out all the pumpkin-spice products and I could not be more excited. And thanks to a visit from my mom, I’m now in possession of almost all of them. So here’s the run-down of which ones are worth a purchase.

Photo is author’s own

Pumpkin pancake and waffle mix

Start your day right with a little taste of fall. I decided to make these pumpkin waffles with semi-sweet chocolate chips, and they were amazing. The pumpkin taste is subtle and not too sweet, so the chocolate complimented it well. You can’t go wrong with this combo!

Photo by unknown via Trader Joe’s

Pumpkin spice granola bark

This unique snack is like trail mix in bark-form. It’s a mixture of pumpkin-flavored granola, dark chocolate and toasted pumpkin seeds. The combination is honestly perfect and it’s everything I imagined. I would buy this again in a heartbeat.Photo by unknown via Trader Joe’s

Pumpkin chocolate chunk oatmeal cookie mix

I have yet to bake this item, but if I’ve learned anything from the past two snacks, it’s that pumpkin and chocolate make a surprisingly delicious pair. All you need to make these cookies is butter, eggs, water and 15 minutes of your time. Enjoy with a pumpkin spice latte and you’re good to go!Photo by unknown via Trader Joe’s

Pumpkin spice face mask

I never expected to see a product like this at Trader Joe’s, let alone buy it. However, I LOVE sheet masks, so I figured I’d give it a try. Since pumpkin-spice season coincides with midterm season, what better way to treat yourself than with a pumpkin-scented facial?Photo by unknown via Trader Joe’s

Pumpkin spiced pumpkin seeds

Pumpkin seeds are a staple of Halloween season. Now you don’t have to do the hard work of carving a pumpkin and roasting the seeds yourself. These put a twist on the classic snack by adding a butter-sugar toffee glaze and pumpkin pie spices, making them a sweet and salty treat.

Madelyn is a senior at the University of Pittsburgh double majoring Psychology and Communications with a certificate in Corporate/Community Relations. Outside of writing and editing for Her Campus Pitt, she is also a member of CHAARG and Gamma Sigma Sigma. In her free time she enjoys watching horror movies, making Spotify playlists, exploring Pittsburgh, getting coffee and working out.
Thanks for reading our content! hcxo, HC at Pitt