Cherry Blossoms on the North Shore
Cherry Blossoms on the North Shore
Photo by Joshua Rodes

The Best Warm Weather Activities in Pittsburgh

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pitt chapter.

It is no secret that I love to live and go to school in Pittsburgh. There is no shortage of great food, beautiful neighborhoods and interesting shops. After spending a summer running around town, I think I can tell you (with some authority) what the best attractions are.

Walking in schenley park

Schenley Park, located in Oakland right near the Cathedral of Learning, is a beautiful park with hills and space to sit. Bring your friends, family and/or pets to relax, have a picnic or play Frisbee.

WAlnut street in shadyside

Operating as Shadyside’s Main Street, Walnut Street has many shops and restaurants of various kinds. Get a Game of Thrones mug from Kards Unlimited or a brownie from Prantl’s Bakery and you’re in for a lovely afternoon!

Mount Washington

While one could argue that admiring the view from the top of Mount Washington is fun all year round, it is magical in the summertime. Looking out over the city, especially on the night of a concert, guarantees a marvelous backdrop for pictures with loved ones. Pro tip: go on a cloudy night and look out at lightning in the distance.

the Bloomfield farmer’s market

On Saturday mornings, a collection of farmers and restauranteurs come to Bloomfield (Pittsburgh’s Little Italy) to sell their fruits, vegetables, flowers, baked goods and meals. It is without a doubt the most pleasant and sustainable way to get the week’s produce.

support small businesses in squirrel hill

Squirrel Hill has a stretch of fantastic bakeries, cafes and coffee shops to get a snack before shopping at Amazing Books and Records or the Avalon Exchange.

Classics nerd, hardcore feminist, music lover.