This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pitt chapter.

If you’ve been on social media at all in the past two months, you’ve probably heard of the show Stranger Things. It’s snaking its way across the internet into everyone’s dashboards, feeds, and eventually their “Continue Watching” section of their Netflix queue. So, what is Stranger Things anyway? What about it has people in such a frenzy? Can it really be THAT good?

YES, it really can. Stranger Things takes place in a small town in Indiana during the early 1980’s and follows a group of tween boys and their adventures. In the first episode, Will, one of the boys, goes missing, and this event continues to be the premise for the duration of the eight-episode series. The police look for him, his friends look for him, his mom looks for him, but no one can find him. While Will’s mom is doing everything she can to get her son back, she begins to have many “strange” experiences. She receives mysterious phone calls that end up literally frying her telephone, her lights flicker continuously, and she may or may not have seen a creature trying to climb out of a wall in her house.

At first no one believes her when she explains these occurrences but when they start to happen to others, all hell breaks loose. One day while Will’s friends are out searching for him, they encounter a girl who seems to know where Will is. She becomes a part of their friend group, but she communicates differently than most people, making it hard for them to use her information. You’ll have to watch the show to find out everything else that happens and believe me, you’ll want to!

Plus, it’s totally #relatable.

(For real)

There’s nothing in particular about Stranger Things that makes everyone go crazy for it. Everything about it just comes together to make this amazing series that is totally worth all the hype. Once you get just a few minutes into the first episode, you can tell that it’s something special. The filming/cinematography is beautiful, the music is extraordinary, the story is unique and the characters are unforgettable. They inspire you to be the best you can be; they even brought me to tears with their bravery and fierce devotion to one another. What is a story without enthralling characters, anyway?

And are they not the cutest little things you’ve ever seen?

Everything about this show draws you in and ensnares you without letting go. I finished the whole series in under 24 hours and I’m sure I’m not the only one. So please, give it a shot if you haven’t already! There’s something in it for everybody, I pinky promise. So take a break from your homework, grab some popcorn and blankets, and immerse yourself in this masterpiece (you can thank me later).

Image Credit: 1, 2, 3, 4

Anne is in the class of 2020 at Pitt and is majoring in English Literature with a minor in German and Creative Writing. She loves to read, watch movies/TV, and make every situation as awkward as possible. 
Thanks for reading our content! hcxo, HC at Pitt