This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pitt chapter.

A dewy, shimmery complexion and coral lips: check. Mint-colored nails and a floral romper: check and check. Your spring look is almost perfect, but you just can’t figure out what to do with your hair. Well, spring is the perfect time to experiment! With classes coming to a close, you will finally have more time to dedicate to your beauty and fashion needs. So get out your hairspray and favorite curling wand, and read on to discover what the major spring hair trends of 2015 are.

Boho Waves

Boho waves are loose and tousled with a hint of nonchalance. The key to achieving this pretty, effortless look is remembering that the waves don’t have to be perfect. While there are many different techniques that vary in success among girls with different hair types and textures, most have found that curling random sections of hair with an oversized curling wand (depending on how long your hair is) and running your fingers through your hair afterwards is an easy way to get this look. Make sure you focus on curling the middle to the ends of your hair. While you want the look to be very natural and soft, a light-hold hairspray may be necessary depending on your hair type to make these waves last all day.

“Coming Undone” Look

This hairstyle is meant to be messy and undone, but still maintains an illusion of elegance. Second day hair never looked so good, especially with the help of your trusted dry shampoo!

“Out Of The Water” Look

This familiar, slicked-back hairstyle has been sported by many celebrities recently, most notably Kim Kardashian. While it looks like you simply combed your hair after taking a shower, there is a lot of artful crafting involved to make sure it doesn’t look like a greasy mess. Many girls find lightly gelling their hair at the roots is a great way to recreate this look.

Braids

There are so many different kinds of braids: fishtail, waterfall, French braids, side braids, crown braids, and knotted braids…the possibilities are endless. No matter which braid you choose, it’s guaranteed to look absolutely perfect for spring and summer! If you aren’t the best braider, Pinterest has countless step-by-step picture tutorials for virtually every braid possible, even some you didn’t know existed. However, simply braiding a few strands of your hair still achieves a cute, spring look.

Bouncy Blowout

My personal favorite- this beautiful, voluminous hairstyle would look great with any spring makeup-look or outfit. It may take a little extra effort, but the soft, pretty, and super girly touch it gives is definitely worth the trouble.

Low, Sleek Ponytail

Finally, a fashion-forward hair trend that requires virtually no effort. This one-step hairstyle is perfect if you’re on the go but still want to look cute and put together. Pair this sleek look with a bold pink or coral lip and no one will know you actually assaulted the snooze button in the morning and rushed out the door in 5 minutes.

Image Credit: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Azeen is a Biology Major at University of Pittsburgh. She is excited to share her passion for fitness, food, and beauty in her writing and is super excited to be a part of the HerCampus team.
Thanks for reading our content! hcxo, HC at Pitt