This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pitt chapter.

Spring in Pittsburgh is unpredictable. It could be 30 degrees one day and 80 the next (literally, this happened this week). But, with the new season comes fresh trends. Trends are trends for a reason; they are a fad and fleeting. This season, we will see many older trendy fashion pieces coming back in a modern way. It’s important to know the trends to know whether you want to rock them or knock them down. 

Bell bottom jeans

70’s fashion is back in more ways than one. Bell bottom jeans are seeing a revival this season with a 2021 edge. We’re going to see bell bottoms make the biggest comeback just like they had in the 2000’s paired with bright crop tops. Personally, I bought a pair and kind of feel like I’m in a Halloween 70’s costume when I wear them. I love them though.

Floral dresses

Floral dresses are probably my favorite trend. They’re a perfect piece to throw-on on a hot spring day paired with simple sneakers. Floral dresses of all lengths – mini, midi and maxi – are trendy this season and perfect for any occasion.

Puff-sleeve tops

Here we are, another recycled fashion trend coming back this season. Puffy, Victorian-era sleeves are coming back in a huge way. Cropped puff-sleeve satin tops are all the rage at this moment. Pair it with bell bottom jeans and you’ll be ready to take on spring 2021.

Wide leg trousers

The overarching trend in 2021 is definitely over-sized pants. People are ditching their quarantine sweatpants this spring for outdoor dining trousers. This style of pants is typically tighter in the thighs and wider at the calves. They’re appropriate for a day look at the office or an evening look at a restaurant.

Cut-out tops

Cut-out tops are the most unique trend this season. Tops with cut outs on the shoulders or throughout the chest are super popular right now. Geometry was never my strong suit, but I can get down with this fashion piece.

Sage green

This spring, everything will be sold in sage green. It’s the perfect light shade that’ll transition your closet from winter to spring seamlessly. Adding a pop of green with a shoulder bag, shoes or pants will definitely elevate any look.

Junior marketing major
Thanks for reading our content! hcxo, HC at Pitt