Signs You’re a Cat Stuck in a Person’s Body

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pitt chapter.

When I was growing up, my mother called me Mačka or “cat” in Croatian for my slenderness and quiet demeanor. This nickname in one language or another popped up for me throughout my life – from a boyfriend’s affectionate “kitty” to my mom’s name for me at home. Since I’m actually allergic to cats and never had one, I’ve often wondered what qualities bring up this description of someone. Here are the answers I came up with for the top signs you’re a cat stuck in a person’s body:

Fickleness

Cats almost never know what they want, sliding from one thing to the next. They’re almost always too picky to choose.

Intensity

Once cats do decide they want something, they almost never shut up about it or let go of it without some type of violence (other humans included).

Aloofness

Does anyone know about the true desires of the cat? Probably not. Cats only divulge their intentions on occasions when they feel safe – and not a minute before.

Self-Sufficiency

A cat prefers to be alone, unhindered by the instructions of others and given great personal space. Stubbornly insistent on their independence, cats will often do the opposite of what they are told. 

While only some of these things have been used to describe me personally, all of them are traits I see in other fellow “cats.” Who is the inner cat in your life?

Photo Credits: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Junior Economics and Chinese major at Pitt! I am Fundraising chair for our fantastic Pink Level Chapter that was voted "Most Philanthropic" last year. Since I love volunteering and organizing people to help our Pittsburgh community, getting HC members into fun, innovative ways to build this community is my job. We also have fundraisers for both ourselves and our charity partner She's the First. To find out more about their amazing work check out https://www.shesthefirst.org/Look out for our HC Night Out tickets this October! Inquiries: jmc248@pitt.edu
Thanks for reading our content! hcxo, HC at Pitt