This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pitt chapter.

Get ready for a treat with this week’s Campus Cutie, Serena Qing Mu. I thought it was about time to mix things up and feature a female campus cutie (after all, who said the cutie had to be guy). The luck of Pitt random housing introduced Serena and myself last year in PA-Hall. She never ceased to amaze me with her upbeat attitude, excitement to learn about American culture, and self-confidence to laugh off any confusions brought on by our initial language barrier. Her bravery to tackle studying in a foreign culture, country and language gave me the courage to take on my own study abroad adventure. Every Serena-encounter is a good time – so do yourself a favor and get to know this week’s Campus Cutie!

Major: Double major in Business and Music. Serena said, “I just made up my mind about the music major because I want to learn about something fun that will broaden my mind.”

Hometown: Beijing, China

Describe yourself in 5 words: Passionate, fun, active, generous, and easy-going.

Favorite Pitt Experience: Pledge experience with business fraternity, Alpha Kappa Psi.

Where do you see yourself in 5 years? I want to work in Public Relations in Los Angeles, California or in NYC.

Dream Date? OMG that’s a great question… [contemplative moment of silence] I think first of all you need to have a dream person. The ideal person. So a really flexible person because it matters more about the person and not so much what you do.

Advice you have for men? Okay first of all I think they should just chill. They are so nervous. They don’t know what to say, they don’t know what to do and immediately they are so awkward. And I think they shouldn’t talk so much about themselves. They want to impress us but just try too hard. We are equal right? So we should communicate. You should listen to girls. But it is hard to tell all guys what to do because everyone is different so the best thing is just be your self and don’t try to impress girls too much.

Random Fact? I went to NYC to see the musical, Chicago, over spring and decided I want to try and audition. I’m serious. I’m getting Jazz lessons and going for it. I added it to my 100 things to die before I die list. So I’m going to work my ass off and someday audition. I talked to one of the dancers, she was like 25, and she said she only started dancing three years ago and said go for it, you can achieve anything you want. My friend told me it is unrealistic but I think I can do it.

Derilyn Devlin graduates from Pitt in April 2012. She is excited to leave the University of Pittburgh Her Campus to Mandy Velez and Claire Peltier as the new campus correspondents.