Starbucks Holiday 6?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
Starbucks Holiday 6?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Starbucks

Ranking All of the Holiday Drinks from Starbucks

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pitt chapter.

What better way to celebrate the holiday season then with some holiday drinks? With the winter cold front approaching Pittsburgh, and final season upon us, holiday drinks from Starbucks are the perfect way to celebrate. If you’re looking for some ideas on what drinks to try, check out my rankings of them below!

Sugar Cookie Almond Milk Latte

The Sugar Cookie Almond Milk Latte is the only drink I would not bring back to holiday launch next year. I have serious opinions about this drink because I had serious expectations for it. For a drink with “sugar cookie” in the name, you’d think the Sugar Cookie Almond Milk Latte would be sweet but the drink is held back by the almond milk. While almond milk is a more eco-friendly and stomach friendly alternative to dairy, the milk is simply not thick enough so the drink tastes like watered down espresso and sprinkles. The syrup could be stronger, sure, but I believe the fault lies within the milk. If we were talking about a sugar cookie oat milk latte maybe it would rank higher but until this holiday drink that doesn’t even have whipped cream, sits at the bottom of my Starbucks holiday drink ratings.

Holiday Blend

I bet you didn’t expect to see a ground coffee on this list. The Starbucks Holiday Blend is officially the oldest Starbucks holiday product, having been launched in 1984. The roast is – as someone who wouldn’t touch drip coffee with a ten foot pole – is delicious…for a ground coffee that is. The dark roast makes the perfect Christmas gift for parents, and especially grandparents.

Peppermint Mocha Frappuccino

The Peppermint Mocha Frappuccino is one of the best seasonal frappuccinos out there – way better than the apple crisp oat milk frappuccino. The strong seasonal flavors of the peppermint mocha translate positively into the frappuccino version, a great substitute for the mocha for anyone who hates espresso. 

Toasted White Mocha Frappuccino 

Peppermint Hot Chocolate

For those who aren’t fans of espresso or are simply avoiding caffeine, the Peppermint Hot Chocolate is your solution. This variation of hot chocolate is sweet and tasty enough to fit in perfectly with the rest of the holiday drinks.

Chestnut Praline Latte

Fans of toffee nut and hazelnut will love this next holiday favorite, the Chestnut Praline Latte which is pretty similar to the Caramel Brulée Latte, especially the praline topping, but chestnut praline syrup is far thinner and sweeter. The latte comes with that delicious praline topping as well as whipped cream. 

Caramel Brulée Latte

Caramel Brulée sauce is one of the tastiest Starbucks sauces, making caramel brulées one of the most scrumptious drinks of the season. Fans of the Caramel Ribbon Crunch Frap will love an iced caramel brulée latte, as the espresso drink features the same savory caramel and delectable caramel brulée topping akin to the dark caramel and caramel sugar topping of the caramel frap. Take a break from frappuccinos this winter and try a caramel brulée latte.

Peppermint Mocha

Behold! The tried and true holiday drink – the Peppermint Mocha. Peppermint mochas have been the star of Starbucks’ holiday lineup since 1997. After twenty-five years, people still lose their minds every November over peppermint mochas, and rightfully so. A peppermint mocha is a perfect way to get your caffeine intake for the day and treat yourself.

Toasted White Chocolate Peppermint Mocha

The Toasted White Chocolate Peppermint Mocha is hands down one of the best drinks Starbucks has ever created. While the sauce is similar to its non-toasted counterpart, there’s something about it that separates this delicious espresso drink from the rest. The mocha comes with whipped cream and a crunchy red topping fit for the holidays. Some say the drink is too sweet (which can easily be adjusted) but the mocha sauce and peppermint syrup pair amazingly – especially with oat milk – and easily earn the top spot on this list.

Bree is a sophomore political science major at the University of Pittsburgh who enjoys writing. In her spare time, she likes to eat cheesecake, read psychological thrillers, and hiking.