Quotable Moments from Your 2016 Presidential Candidates

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pitt chapter.

Election season is accompanied by political jargon that is either incomprehensible or numbingly dull, (one more candidate say, “Let’s make America great, again!”…). I think it’s important to know the issues, where the candidates stand on them, and to make an informed vote. However, this article is for those of us who want to take a little breather from the seriousness of election season, and have a little laugh at our future president’s expense (because we won’t laugh at them after they’re president, of course). Enjoy some quotable moments from your 2016 candidates:

*The written text are actual quotes from the candidates, the memes are made up and do not necessarily represent the thoughts, beliefs, or words of the candidates.

“Forty years ago I smoked marijuana, and I admit it….my mom’s not happy.” – Jeb Bush

“If I want to knock a story off the front page, I just change my hairstyle.” – Hillary Clinton

“The only people that follow the law are law-abiding people.” – Marco Rubio

*To Clinton* “The American people are sick and tired of hearing about your damn emails.” – Bernie Sanders

“Twenty years from now if there is some obscure trivial pursuit question, I am confident I will be the answer.” – Ted Cruz

“You know Obamacare is really I think the worst thing that has happened in this nation since slavery.” – Ben Carson

“I’m the worst thing that’s ever happened to ISIS.” – Donald Trump

Photo Credits: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Casey Schmauder is a Campus Correspondent and the President of Her Campus at the University of Pittsburgh. She is a senior at Pitt studying English Nonfiction Writing with a concentration in Public and Professional Writing. 
Thanks for reading our content! hcxo, HC at Pitt