This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pitt chapter.

One of the greatest things about the city of Pittsburgh is that it’s a pretty photogenic place. We all know that the Cathedral of Learning is a beautiful visual subject and Mount Washington is one of the best locations to take pictures of Downtown, but there are some people who dedicate their free time (and sometimes careers) to photographing Pittsburgh from angles and locations we would otherwise never see.

Luckily, some of these photographers post their pictures on Instagram. Here are some of my favorite Pittsburgh-focused Instagram users:

@brienedwardh

Brien Hansen is the go-to guy for pictures of the Pitt campus and surrounding areas. Sure, everyone is able to take pictures of Cathy, but not everyone can depict her true beauty through a camera lens like Brien can.

@pengwinzer

Another Brian (is that the secret to taking awesome pictures of Pittsburgh?) takes elaborately colorful pictures of Pittsburgh and the surrounding areas, such as of Kennywood (above).

@pittsburgh_local

Want to see more industrial views of Pittsburgh from unusual angles? I suggest you give @pittsburgh_local a chance. Even the oddest and most unusual corners of the city exude charm in this account’s pictures.

@pittindiefreak

Like @pittsburgh_local, Jonathan on @pittindiefreak exhibits the barebones of the city from unusual angles. Even though most of his pictures feature the typical grey Pittsburgh weather, the beauty of the city shines through the dreariness.

@tim.pgh

Although Tim Baird takes lots of beautiful pictures of scenery, some of his best photographs feature long exposures (like the one above).

@four_one_two

Timmerman’s Instagram features pictures from adventures he takes around Pittsburgh, as well as images of abandoned places he finds, which are always cool to see!

@yinzsterpgh

Want to experience the people, food, sights, and activities around Pittsburgh? @yinzsterpgh posts pictures of all of these.

@tehbakery

This Instagram account will blow your mind! Cody Baker takes amazing photographs of himself and his friends literally jumping around Pittsburgh. (Viewer discretion is advised for those afraid of heights or easily nauseous at the sight of daring adventure.)

@jaycass84

To be honest, I had to dig through Jay Cassidy’s Instagram for a little bit to find this gem of a picture (above), because it has stuck with me and I wanted to include it in this article. He posts a great variety of images related to Pittsburgh, including abandoned buildings.

@returnofthejuice

Wouldn’t it be amazing if Pittsburgh fog always looked this beautiful? Not only is Chandler Sims a chef (so he posts pictures of delicious-looking food!), but he also takes amazing photography of the lovely 412.

@steelcitygrammers

@steelcitygrammers is an Instagram dedicated to spreading the beauty of Pittsburgh through photography. It is run by multiple dedicated Pittsburgh photographers (some mentioned on this list) and they post a new photo at least once a day. You can even be featured on @steelcitygrammers by following them and tagging #steelcitygrammers on the picture you want them to see.

Follow these Instagrammers and enjoy all the beautiful sights of Pittsburgh they offer.

Image Credit: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11

Fredrika is a 2015 graduate of the University of Pittsburgh. While at Pitt, she acted as writer, Assistant Senior Editor, and Chapter Advisor for Her Campus and the Her Campus Pittsburgh chapter. She originally hails from Stockholm, Sweden, but has lived in the Northern Virginia area for eighteen years. Follow Fredrika on her personal Twitter, @FredrikaUS!
Thanks for reading our content! hcxo, HC at Pitt