The Perfect Valentine: Your Roommate!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pitt chapter.

February 14th is right around that corner, and we all know what that means… Valentine’s Day, or as SOME have come to know it, “Single’s Awareness Day.” Well, my V-day agenda might not include too much sap or romance, but it certainly won’t include any MOPIN’ AROUND either! Being single on Valentine’s Day doesn’t mean being sad OR alone! This February 14th, I’ve got a date planned out with my lovely roommate Naadia. Follow these easy steps to set up a PERFECT roomie Valentine’s Day of your own!

1. Make a playlist.

Everybody knows- it is all about the ambiance. And what better way to set the mood than with some of your favorite tunes? Plus, you never know when a quaint dinner will turn into an impromptu dance party. You can either make your own playlist, or find a premade one!

2. Decorate your apartment!

This goes along with the ambiance thing—like music, you can take this one any way you want. I personally am one for hearts, garlands, and roses, but if you feel like putting up pictures of Zac Efron all over your walls, feel free to do you! That’s the best part of roomie Valentine’s Day. It’s all about making your own…

3. Make NOMS.

Because who doesn’t love food? Food makes everything better. Bonus points if you and your V-day buddy cook your meal together! It’s an awesome bonding experience, and something about preparing your own food just always makes it taste better. For added Valentine’s Day fun, make heart-shaped things like this heart-shaped pizza or these yummy chocolate covered strawberries.

4. Mix up some DRANKS.

This is possibly even more important than noms. (Plus, if you’re still TRULY upset about not having an S.O. to spend this special night with, you might as well drink to forget about it! Nothing says classy like a good ol’ box of Franz.)

Of course, if you truly want to embrace the spirit of the holiday, you can try out some of these great V-day inspired drink recipes.

5. Finally- Prepare some activities.

Whether it’s a fun game, some sort of Valentine’s Day D.I.Y. craft, or (my personal favorite) a superrrrr sappy Netflix movie, plan on something to do together! After all, togetherness is what this holiday is all about!

So how will you make YOUR Roomie V-day extra special? Her Campus Pitt wants to know!

Image Credit: 1, 2, 3, 4,  5

Hey, I'm Leah! I am originally from Jerusalem, Israel. Right now, I am a student at the University of Pittsburgh double majoring in French and Psychology. I am totally passionate about languages. My hobbies include drawing elaborate pictures with markers on white boards, searching for quotes by my favorite authors and writers, cooking, and dancing SALSA.
Thanks for reading our content! hcxo, HC at Pitt