Parking in South O as Told by Michael Scott

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pitt chapter.

Having a car with you at college is great; you can drive to campus late at night when you’re too lazy to walk, easily leave campus to go to events around the city, and even get home more easily if necessary. The downside, however, is that it’s extremely annoying to park in South Oakland (and by annoying I mean practically impossible). The following is what it’s like to park in South O using the wise words of everyone’s favorite TV character: Michael Scott.

When you’re cruising around in your sweet ride

…but then you realize you now need to find a parking spot and your nice drive comes to an end When people cross the street without using the crosswalk right in front of your car

…and you almost hit someone because of it

When you see a spot and the person in front of you gets to it right before you do

When you finally find a spot but it’s slightly too small and you just can’t get your car to fit

When you’re holding up other cars with your failed parking attempt and the people behind you are NOT happy

When you circle back around and all the spots you saw before are gone

When there are literally no spots and you start to really panic

…So you just park in a “permit only” area (again) and take the risk of getting a ticket

Parking in South O is just a rough time.

Picture credit:

1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13

Hi! I'm a junior at Pitt and I finally learned how to pump my own gas (But only at some gas stations - sorry, I'm from Jersey). I'm a big fan of cities, fast cars, alternative music and thinking outside the bun. 
Thanks for reading our content! hcxo, HC at Pitt