george pagan iii f PH16nZHKI unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
george pagan iii f PH16nZHKI unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Our Love/Hate with Social Media

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pitt chapter.

Some days you are the queen of selfies on Insta, and other days you cry looking at Kylie Jenner’s profile while eating Nutella. Lots of us love checking our social media feeds every day, but also hate how connected we are on our bad days. Below describes the times we love and hate our different presences online.

Instagram <3:

We look so cute this weekend! Share. And look at all the puppy pictures. #adorable

Instagram

Why is everyone so much prettier than I am?  How does Kylie Jenner look like that? I follow Fitspiration and GoodEats but I haven’t run in 6 months and I can’t cook. 

Facebook <3:

Look at my cousin’s new baby–I’m so glad my family and I are all friends on here. When I only see distant relatives and high school friends once or twice a year, this is a great place to keep them updated.

Facebook

So much judgment everywhere. My aunt called my mom and said I wore a crop top in public. Now what do I do? If I un-friend her I’m 90% sure she will not sit with me at Thanksgiving dinner. And a really weird amount of my friends from high school are getting married? That makes me nervous….OH MY IS THAT A BABY IN THE OLD HOMECOMING QUEEN’S ARMS? NO!

Twitter <3:

Wow look at all the news. So much is going on in the world that’s amazing and I can easily learn about it by scrolling. Everyone is so funny and up to date here. 

Twitter

Okay news and humor don’t mix well. Everyone is offending everyone. Jump ship….and unfollow that one guy that tweets every meal he has on the way.

LinkedIn <3:

It’s a fun way to stay connected with people professionally, build my network, and make sure I have all possible opportunities to secure the right job for myself.

LinkedIn

It’s a place for me to click on the “connect” button repeatedly, boost my ego, and call it “work.”

Love Wins <3:

We all know we won’t stop using these sites. Partially because our social lives are intimately linked with the internet now, but also because….KITTENS.

Photo Credits: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Junior Economics and Chinese major at Pitt! I am Fundraising chair for our fantastic Pink Level Chapter that was voted "Most Philanthropic" last year. Since I love volunteering and organizing people to help our Pittsburgh community, getting HC members into fun, innovative ways to build this community is my job. We also have fundraisers for both ourselves and our charity partner She's the First. To find out more about their amazing work check out https://www.shesthefirst.org/Look out for our HC Night Out tickets this October! Inquiries: jmc248@pitt.edu
Thanks for reading our content! hcxo, HC at Pitt