This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pitt chapter.

This week’s cutie is Nik Hansson, a new transfer student from Syracuse University.  He’s fun, adventurous, and always up for a good time. To name just a few examples to exemplify his free spirit, he’s worked the last two years at a coffee shop as an artisan barista, planned a month long trip to Israel this summer all on his own, and got dreadlocks in his hair just for the fun of it.  

And although he likes to be carefree, he knows when to buckle down and get work done, which is helpful when you’re a chemical engineering major. What else could you want in a guy? But sorry ladies, this cutie’s for your eyes only (see relationship status below). Luckily, he took some time out of his busy schedule to answer a few questions for me.

Me: What’s your hometown and major?
Nik: Princeton, New Jersey and chemical engineering.

So, what’s your current relationship status?
I have a girlfriend.

What’s your favorite thing to do for a date?
I just like to do simple things. You know, take a walk in the park or get ice cream or something.

What do you think is the biggest mistake a girl could make when looking for a boyfriend?
I think the biggest mistake is when girls act dumb. I’m attracted to girls who are confident and witty and playing dumb is just a turn off.

It seems like in modern college times more people are interested in just random hook ups than committing to a relationship. Why do you prefer to be in a relationship than just hook up casually?
I feel like random hook ups just aren’t my thing and I like to have a connection with the girls I choose to get with. Even though relationships can be difficult I think they can be very rewarding.

What are you most excited for at Pitt?
To meet new people and have a good time. I’m ready to party it up.

Derilyn Devlin graduates from Pitt in April 2012. She is excited to leave the University of Pittburgh Her Campus to Mandy Velez and Claire Peltier as the new campus correspondents.