This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pitt chapter.

If you’re like me, then you love taking new personality tests with your friends to learn more about what makes each type of person unique. Recently, the Enneagram Test has been my personal favorite. I find it to be the most accurate, since it’s made up of questions that offer insight into your motivations, desires and distinctive qualities. Once you know your type, feel free to start exploring the hobby best suited for you and your type!

Type One – The Reformer: Do a puzzle

Type Ones like to play on the safe side and follow the rules. Whether it’s a 500 piece jigsaw puzzle or a stimulating crossword, a Type One would benefit from taking some time to themselves to relax while also satisfying their perfectionist nature with a sleek and complete end product.

Type Two – The Helper: Bake for friends

The warm-hearted, generous Type Two loves to give gifts. They want to be appreciated and have a strong need to express their feelings for others. What better way to tell someone you care about them than with a warm batch of homemade cookies?

Type Three – The Achiever: Paint a picture

Type Threes are willing to put in hard work, but they also value praise and positive attention from others that could come from creative expression. They are constantly striving to better their talents, so with practice, a Type Three would excel in the detail-oriented act of painting.

Type Four -The Individualist: Start a home garden

Type Fours are highly creative. They are always looking for new ways to express themselves aside from their already existing artistic talents. They enjoy surrounding themselves with beauty, so the serenity of a garden would allow for their gentle touch to be put to good use.

Type Five – The Investigator: Learn a new instrument

The curious drive of a Type Five and their ability to understand complex ideas makes for the perfect budding musician. An active pursuit of knowledge and intense focus will help ease the daunting task of picking up a new skill in music.

Type Six – The Loyalist: Read a book

Type Sixes are very responsible and often put strong pressure on themselves to succeed. Their need for structure can often lead to a buildup of stress and anxiety, so a nice relaxing book would help a Type Six take some pressure off themselves, while also feeling productive.

Type Seven – The Enthusiast: Take photos around town

Seeking new and exciting experiences is a trademark for a Type Seven. They are highly spontaneous, so exploring a new area looking for the perfect photo-op is a perfect new hobby to occupy their extroverted spirit.

Type Eight – The Challenger: Start a creative writing journal

Type Eights have a strong desire to empower and uplift those around them. With faith in their ideas and a strong sense of self-confidence, a Type Eight isn’t afraid to share their point of view. Writing will allow them to express themselves in a new and creative way, without the constraints of being controlled by other thoughts or ideas.

Type Nine – The Peacemaker: Join an online workout class 

Type Nines are our easy-going and optimistic type. They are spiritual people, seeking balance in all aspects of life. Their “go with the flow” mindset can lead them to become out of touch with their mental and physical health, so exercising will allow a Type Nine to become more aware of their body and emotions.

Hi! I'm Grace and I'm a sophomore majoring in psychology and minoring in creative writing. Some fun facts about me are that I plan on attending law school, I like to sing and play guitar, and I've lived in five different states!
Thanks for reading our content! hcxo, HC at Pitt