This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pitt chapter.

Although it is often overlooked, the University of Pittsburgh has an incredible Student Government Board, currently led by the fantastic Natalie Dall. Natalie is a fun-loving, free spirit with a serious nerdy side. She uses all of her various talents to successfully act as Student Government Board President.

Year: Senior

Major: Molecular Biology, Biochemistry

Her Campus: Tell us a little about yourself! 

Natalie Dall: I’m originally from Cincinnati, Ohio, where I’ve lived in the same house my whole life. I love going to cheap concerts and discovering new music, and my favorite movie is definitely “The Princess Bride.” My go-to fun facts are that I was born on a Friday the 13th and that I once went to a magic camp in a bowling alley in second grade… I was a weird kid.

HC: So… from magic to student government? When did that happen? 

ND: I joined SGB the spring semester of my sophomore year (2015) after I was elected as a Board Member.

HC: Did you hold any other positions before you became president? 

ND: Yes! I was a Board Member and served as the Vice President and Chief of Cabinet for the 2015-2016 term, which was a three-semester term because we were transitioning from a calendar (January-January) to an academic (April-April) term.

HC: You’re a pretty busy person! Tell us a little bit about SGB that people might not realize. 

ND: I think people don’t realize how hard we all work but also how fun it is to be involved. All of our committees and Board Members work tirelessly on their projects, but we’re all super passionate about the initiatives we address that it really doesn’t feel like work. Whether it be promoting student empowerment on campus, educating people on our school’s mental health resources, or encouraging students to vote, there are so many different topics we address each week because we want to help make the Pitt experience amazing. We have already become incredibly close because we’re brought together by the commonality of loving this university, and SGB is a great resource for students looking to become engaged with creating proactive change on campus. 

HC: It sounds like you have a lot going on! Do you do anything outside of SGB? 

ND: I’ve narrowed down my campus involvement over the past two years, but right now I also work in a research lab in our Department of Biological Sciences, and I’m a member of Omicron Delta Kappa. I also love to explore the coffee shops of Pittsburgh and try new restaurants when I find a free weekend!

HC: I don’t think I could keep up with even half of that every week. Is there a quote that inspires you to do so much? 

ND: “It doesn’t matter if the glass is half empty or half full – there’s water in the cup, just drink it.” It’s a slight misquote from a poem by Rudy Francisco, but I typically interpret it as way of looking at opportunities: no matter what you think your chances are initially at getting something you want, just go for it and you’ll surprise yourself.

HC: That’s incredibly inspirational! I might have to add that to my collection. Do you know what you want to do after you graduate? 

ND: I’m currently applying to graduate schools this fall and will pursue my Ph.D. in Evolutionary or Developmental Biology! 

HC: That’s really cool! As you’re looking forward to graduation, is there anything you feel like you definitely have to do before you graduate? 

ND: I still haven’t been to the Carnegie Science Center, Mattress Factory or the Warhol Museum… I need to pick a rainy Saturday and just do them all!

HC: That sounds like a great day! Thank you so much for taking the time to chat with us! 

There you have it folks, our Student Government Board President, Natalie Dall: fun, inspirational, and smart all in one package! Keep an eye out for her on campus and be sure to say “hi!”

All pictures belong to Natalie Dall. 

Hi! I'm Jessie and I am currently dual majoring in communication and non-fiction writing at The University of Pittsburgh. I am also the Senior Editor for Pitt's Her Campus! I emulate everything Carrie Bradshaw and can watch Breakfast At Tiffany's everyday for the rest of my life. You can usually find me blasting country music a little too loud while wearing a floppy hat.