This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pitt chapter.

Name: Meredith Kearns

Hometown: Pittsburgh, PA

Year: Senior

Major: General management with concentrations in marketing and human resources, and I also completed a certificate in Leadership and Ethics

Relationship Status: Single

Her Campus: What extracurricular activities are you involved with?

Meredith Kearns:  I am involved in numerous extracurricular activities.  I’ve been a member of the Fashion Business Association for four years, and was the president this year.  I have also been a member of Alpha Kappa Psi (AKPsi), a professional business fraternity on campus for the past three years.  This year I also was one of six Style Gurus for CollegeFashionista on Pitt’s campus. 

HC: How do you have time for all of your activities?

MK: Well, aside from my extracurricular activities, I also work two part-time jobs, so I have definitely learned to manage my time.  I have a large planner where I write down every shift at work, a meeting, or when an assignment is due.  This gives me a visual of where and how I should focus my time.

HC: What will you miss most about Pitt?

MK: I will definitely miss all of the friendly faces I’ve come to know on Pitt’s campus, but I will also miss the little surprises you see each day.  I remember one time sophomore year, coming home from a football game, in front of the Cathedral, a couple was taking their wedding photos.  Of course everyone getting off the Pitt buses cheered for them, but then the couple started waving students over, and all of a sudden at least a hundred kids were in the couple’s picture.  It is one of the coolest pictures I have from my time at Pitt because everyone, kids and bridal party, are all smiling and throwing their hands in the air in excitement and joy. 

HC: What’s your dream job?

MK: My dream job is to work in New York City in the event industry.  There is just something about that fast-paced lifestyle that is so addicting to me.

HC: Describe your perfect date.

MK: My perfect date would be one where I wouldn’t stop smiling or having fun.  As much as I love fashion, I also love sports and working out, so going to a sporting event or something active would be great.

HC: What is your most embarrassing story at Pitt?

MK: During my freshman year, that first week where Pitt hosts all the freshman programs, I went to the one where there was a hypnotist.  I ended up getting hypnotized, and pretending I was Britney Spears, dance moves and all.  Kids I have never met before still come up to me four years later telling me they remember me as Britney Spears. 

HC: What advice would you give your freshman self?

MK: I would tell my freshman self to remember to be confident, get involved early, and always have fun.  These four years fly by very quickly, so no matter what, always do something that will make you happy and provide memories to talk about for years to come.

Images provided by Meredith Kearns.

Thanks for reading our content! hcxo, HC at Pitt