Meet Juliette, Editor in Chief of the Tastiest Club on Campus!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pitt chapter.

Name: Juliette Kelly

Year: Junior

Major: Media and Professional Communications

Hometown: Doylestown, Pennsylvania

Her Campus: You’re pretty busy on campus! What are all the things you’re involved in?

Juliette Kelly: I’m the Editor-In-Chief of Pitt’s chapter of Spoon University, an online food publication for college students. I also write for Her Campus!

HC: How did you get started on making Spoon University official at Pitt?

JK: I first saw Spoon University on their Instagram page and started researching what it was. Once I realized I had to bring it to Pitt, I contacted Spoon University headquarters and applied to be EIC. From there, things moved pretty quickly. I hung flyers around campus, reached out to individual organizations and tried to get recognition on all social media outlets. After two weeks of recruitment, the other officers and I selected our team. Spoon Pittsburgh now has 27 members and our site is going to launch in about a week! It’s all very exciting! We also have decided to leave applications open and would love to have more students at Pitt join our team.

HC: What’s your biggest goal with Spoon?

JK: I want Spoon to be a resource that Pitt students frequently use to learn how to eat intelligently. I think Spoon Pittsburgh could help a lot of students at Pitt who don’t know what/how to cook with limited resources as well as where to eat in the city. I want Spoon to be well-known around campus, but I mostly want it to change students’ thoughts about food. 

(Here is the Spoon University club meeting held on campus)

HC: So do you cook a lot in your free time?

JK: Yes, I love to cook. I try to eat healthy so I often make really strange combinations with the food I have in my fridge. I also love to bake and use pretty much any small accomplishment as justification for making brownies or cookies.

HC: Favorite meal?

JK: Honestly, if I could pick one thing to eat for the rest of my life it would be Chipotle. I’m not sure if that qualifies as a meal though, so I guess I’d say Shepherd’s Pie.

HC: Have you ever had a bad cooking date?

JK: Haha no I have not.

HC: Tell me your best or worst food prep experience.

JK: My worst food prep experience was in my 9th grade cooking class. We had to pair up with someone in our class and cook a food from a different country. My partner and I practiced making chocolate mousse before class but we could not get the cream to whip after trying for several hours. So, we ended up buying Cool Whip and mixing it with an instant pudding packet. Our teacher was very impressed with our mousse and had no idea that we did not actually make it. Woops.

HC: Favorite song to jam out to while cooking?

JK: “Fighter” by Christina Aguilera.

HC: And also, what do you love most about Pitt?

JK: I love that there’s always something to do. Pittsburgh has so many cool neighborhoods with great food. I love to explore different parts of the city with friends and go out to eat and shop.

Photos provided by the celeb.

Hi! My name is Amanda and I am one of the new Campus Correspondents for HC Pitt and am absolutely loving it! Helping others with advice about their articles and getting to read amazing stories has been so rewarding. I love writing about topics that make people's days just a little cheerier! Her Campus has been a wonderful experience for me over the past four years. I get to work with an amazing team every day and could not be more grateful. As a senior, looking back from where I started with Her Campus, I see how much it's changed me and all of the great friends I've made from it too. Saying HC is one of the best things that has happened to me during my college career would be an understatement! I really love how much it has grown and how much others have benefitted from their experience with our organization. HCXO <3