Meet Her Campus Pitt’s New Vice President: Erin Lalli!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pitt chapter.

Everyone, please take a minute to meet Erin Lalli! She is a ray of sunshine at Her Campus Pitt, and I am lucky to have her join me in the spring semester as our new Vice President and Campus Correspondent. Erin may only be a sophomore, but the entire team can’t wait to hear her many amazing ideas and get the opportunity to have her co-lead our weekly meetings.

Name: Erin Lalli

Year: Sophomore

Major: Civil Engineering

Hometown: Warminster, PA

Her Campus: So, tell us a little about how you got involved with Her Campus in the first place.

Erin Lalli: I joined Her Campus at the beginning of the fall semester of my freshman year. I was dying to try a new type of club that I wasn’t involved with in high school, so when I stumbled across HC Pitt at the activities fair, I figured it would be a great experience to write for fun! During my freshman year, I was a writer and on the social media team. This past fall I was the Health and Fitness Category Editor in addition to writing.

HC: What’s your favorite type of article to write?

Erin Lalli: This is tough, but if I had to pick one, I would say my favorite is a review. I really enjoy informing others on a given subject with my findings and personal experiences. 

HC: What is your favorite thing about the organization? 

Erin Lalli: Aside from writing, I love having the opportunity to collaborate with so many unique, talented young women! Each week I feel like I learn something new when ideas are bounced around in meetings, when editing and when reading everyone’s articles on the site.

HC: What are some of your goals as future VP of Her Campus Pitt?

Erin Lalli: A few of my goals include:

1. Reaching and maintaining views over 10,000 each week.

2. Promoting HC Pitt and HC Nationals in new ways aside from social media and tabling.

3. Getting as many members as possible actively involved in meetings and events by making meetings more social while staying on task.

HC: What is something that our readers might not know about you?  

Erin Lalli: I love to dance! I’ve danced since I was five at Dance with M.E. Studio; it’s my second home. My favorite styles are hip-hop and tap.  HC: What is your dream job?

Erin Lalli: I’m considering working in land development or construction management, but my goal is to eventually become a project manager at the firm I end up working for.

HC: What are three things you HAVE to accomplish before you graduate Pitt? 

Erin Lalli: Three things I want to accomplish before graduating are studying abroad for civil engineering, exploring all of the Pittsburgh neighborhoods and landmarks and, of course, going to the top floor of Cathy at sunset for an incredible view.

HC: Finally, let’s tell your fellow Pitt peers three things very important to them:

1. Antoon’s or Sorrento’s?

Surprisingly, I haven’t tried Sorrento’s yet so it looks like I better get myself a Sorrento’s slice before the semester ends!

2. Favorite restaurant in Pittsburgh?

Proper Brick Oven and Tap Room hands down! I went there with my family for family weekend of freshman year and the food was incredible. If you end up going, you must try the Bacon Candy!

3. Favorite Pittsburgh sports team?

Well, being a Philly fan, there’s a lot of rivalry between our sports teams so I have to stay true to my hometown. But, I’m always rooting for our Pitt teams – H2P!

Photo Credit: All photos are Erin Lalli’s

Thanks for reading our content! hcxo, HC at Pitt