Lipstick Trends for Spring and Summer

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pitt chapter.

Although the rain has yet to stop, it’s finally getting warmer in Pittsburgh. Warmth brings so many wonderful things—the sun is shining, everything is in bloom, and you no longer have to worry about injuring yourself every time you encounter an icy, South O sidewalk. Spring also brings a whole new color palate and a chance to refresh your wardrobe and makeup products. Lipstick is a quick way to brighten your look and can be a good alternative to spending a lot of time on eye makeup which, let’s face it, may sweat off in the Pittsburgh humidity. These Spring/Summer lipstick trends can help show your personality and brighten your look to prepare for a fun and sunshine filled summer.

1. I like a red lip as much as anyone, but it can be a bit harsh for a casual, summer day. Instead of red, try something with a coral or orange hue, such as Nars Satin Lip Pencil in Timanfaya.

2. Plum lipstick has been on trend for a while now and can definitely work on warm days! Try a lighter plum with a fuchsia pop for summer days, like MAC Satin Lipstick in Rebel or Maybelline Color Elixir in Dashing Orchid.

3. If you’re weary of something as bold as coral or plum, pink shades are a perfect color to wear this Spring and Summer. Find a sweet, flirty color that matches your cheeks when you blush, like Urban Decay Revolution in Streak or NARS Satin lipstick in Niagara.

4. A nude or pinky-nude lip is a great way to get a natural, subdued look to compliment a casual summer outfit. Check out Clinique Chubby Stick Moisturizing Lip Color Balm in Heaping Hazelnut, Bobbi Brown Rich Lip Color in Uber Beige, or my personal favorite, MAC lipstick in Shy Girl.

Image Credit: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Thanks for reading our content! hcxo, HC at Pitt