This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pitt chapter.

For all of you dedicated binge watchers, here is a list of shows you may want to consider as new material for 2016. Though they’re lesser known, they still deliver in quality and entertainment.

1.  The Fall

The Fall is produced by Netflix and BBC. It stars the ever-so-handsome Jamie Dornan (AKA Christian Grey), though this time he is not a BDSM CEO but rather an Irish serial killer with a wife and two children. The other star is none other than Gillian Anderson (AKA Dana Scully from the X-Files) who plays the detective tasked with catching Jamie Dornan’s character. If you’re interested in the workings of the mind of killers and cops, or if you want to stare at Jamie Dornan with a beard, you’ll love this show.

2. Legends of Tomorrow

Legends of Tomorrow is a CW show, and it’s a spinoff from both The Arrow and The Flash. If you’re into superheroes (boys too, don’t think because it’s a CW show it’s all mushy and romantic) this should become your new show. Technically you can’t binge it yet since it starts this week, but if it lives up to its predecessors it’s going to become a hit. Basically, a band of superheroes, as well as a few villains, are tasked with teaming up and joining a time traveler in order to stop an apocalypse from ever happening. If you ever watched Prison Break, the two stars are back together as heroes/villains in this show, so you may want to check it out (Michael and Link forever!)

3. Broadchurch

Broadchurch focuses on a small town in England where a young boy has been murdered. A rather interesting detective, played by David Tennant, shows up to the town to lead the investigation into the boy’s death. The story is from the perspective of the detective, so it constantly seems that everyone involved looks guilty for different reasons. If you like shows that make you think, Broadchurch is a good one. 

4. Master of None

Master of None is a little better known than the others and has gotten great reviews. It’s a Netflix comedy starring Aziz Ansari, who plays a commercial actor trying to make it in New York. His parents are in the show too, and they play his parents (how cool is that?) The show is said to have a different perspective than the typical “white guy” comedies (writer Yang’s Critic’s Choice speech can give some insight into this) which makes it both clever and immensely funny.

Photo Credit:

1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Thanks for reading our content! hcxo, HC at Pitt