Kylie Wolfe: Pitt Band Member and Homecoming Queen Candidate

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pitt chapter.

Name: Kylie Wolfe

Year: Senior

Major: Neuroscience Major & Chemistry Minor

Hometown: Homer City

Meet Kylie Wolfe, a senior Panther running for Homecoming Queen! She’s one of the sweetest people you’ll ever meet and you can always find her with a smile on her face. 

Her Campus: Describe yourself in three words.

Kylie Wolfe: Genuine, Devoted, and Passionate.

HC: What are you involved with here at Pitt?

KW: I am a trombone player in the University of Pittsburgh Varsity Marching Band, and I’m the Northeast District President for Kappa Kappa Psi, an honorary band service fraternity. I’ve been a brother since I was a freshman, and it’s meant so much to me to give back to the band!

HC: What made you decide to run for Homecoming Queen?

KW: Running for Homecoming Queen is something I’ve been thinking about since freshman year. In the past four years my pride and spirit for Pitt has grown, and through band I’ve embraced the traditions that make me a Panther. I feel that running for homecoming means embracing all that makes Pitt wonderful!

HC: So you’re a senior, which means you don’t have much time left here at Pitt. Is there anything on your Pitt Bucket List you have yet to cross off?

KW: I guess my number one bucket list item for Pitt would have been getting as high as I possibly could in the Cathedral, but I’ve already made it to the fortieth floor. Something I haven’t crossed off, as silly as it might be, is eating a whole Sorrento’s pizza by myself. It’s the best of both worlds: Cathy and pizza!

HC: Do you have a favorite Pitt memory?

KW: Even though this memory is kind of recent, I would definitely have to say the ENTIRE Penn State game. Running out of the tunnel at that game was one of the best band experiences I’ve had –  the crowd was louder than it’s ever been and our fans were more spirited than ever! It was amazing to be a part of it: there was nothing better than being in the band for that game!

HC: What’s a random fun fact about yourself?

KW: I absolutely love to travel. It might not seem like a lot to some, but I’ve flown over 31,000 miles in my lifetime! I’m also obsessed with the Back to The Future Series, and even met Michael J. Fox this summer.

Voting begins tomorrow and ends on Friday, so be sure to check out her Facebook event page here to learn a little more about Pitt’s future Homecoming Queen!

All photos provided by Kylie

Hi, I'm Jess! I'm a Senior at The University of Pittsburgh double-majoring in Nonfiction English Writing and Communication with a French Minor.  "Nothing even matters except love and human connection- who you loved, and how deeply you loved them; how you touched the people around you, and how much you gave them."
Hi! I'm Jessie and I am currently dual majoring in communication and non-fiction writing at The University of Pittsburgh. I am also the Senior Editor for Pitt's Her Campus! I emulate everything Carrie Bradshaw and can watch Breakfast At Tiffany's everyday for the rest of my life. You can usually find me blasting country music a little too loud while wearing a floppy hat.