This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pitt chapter.

Name: Jessie Iacullo

Studies: Communications and English Nonfiction Writing Major

Year: Sophomore

Fun Fact: I can touch my nose with my tongue!

HC: What activities are you involved with here at Pitt?

JI: I’m a writer and Fashion/Beauty Editor for Her Campus Pitt. I’m also a writer for the Black Sheep at Pitt—I’m the only female writer! I’m a sister of AEPhi and also in charge of our recruitment. I write for Sorority Stylista and I’m also the newest desk writer for the Pitt News. I’m in charge of social media and I’m the marketing manager for Boohoo at Pitt.

HC: Which is your favorite and why?

JI: That’s a tough one. I’m going to have to go with the Black Sheep. As much as I love Her Campus, it’s the newest and I put a lot of effort into it. People think my articles are funny and they’re satirical. The topics are so different than what I write at Her Campus, and it’s cool being the only girl on the staff, because the articles are different than the others on the site because it’s from a girl’s point of view.

HC: What are your plans for after graduation?

JI: I’m not sure about that far ahead. I hope Editor at Glamour magazine; that’s the goal! But that’s a long way away, so we’ll see if it changes.

HC: What’s your favorite part about Pitt?

JI: I like how there’s never not anything to do. I like to be busy and when I’m not I panic. There’s always something to do on campus, like when I walk back from class and there’s someone offering candy as you walk by.

HC: What’s something you wish you could tell the freshman-you?

JI: Boys in college aren’t better than high school. Also, speak up more.

HC: Tell us about what you do for Boohoo.

JI: This is my second semester doing it. I applied in September. I run the social media, which includes Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, but I’m mostly in charge of Facebook and Instagram. I curate content they provide, like promo codes. I also post pictures, sometimes of my own, and it’s food a lot of the time. Also, I work with PR events, and right now we’re planning a spring event.

HC: How did you get involved?

JI: Her Campus Nationals sent out emails about it, and Amanda (HC Pitt Campus Correspondent) told me there was an online application and that I should apply. I submitted it online, and then received an email saying I got it. From there it was dealing with Her Campus representatives in the US, and Boohoo in the UK. Because of that there’s a lot of conference calls.

HC: Do you recommend working with Boohoo to others?

JI: Yes! Not just because I do it now, though. It’s good experience, especially with marketing and social media. It teaches you good team work skills because you work with a partner from another school. You get and share ideas from them. It’s also a really good way to network, and the clothes are really cute!

Image credit: provided by Celeb

Madison is a Sophomore at the University of Pittsburgh and is majoring in Psychology. She enjoys drawing, music, pugs, and fro-yo.
Thanks for reading our content! hcxo, HC at Pitt