This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pitt chapter.

Name: Jesse Irwin

Year: Sophomore

Major: Broadcast Journalism, Political Science, and Film Studies

What activities are you involved in on campus?

I’m a play-by-play announcer and color commentator for the Pitt basketball and football teams. I’m also a regular talk-show host on WPTS Radio, writer and host of a podcast on SB Nation’s Cardiac Hill, sports anchor/voice-over guy for the Pitt News Network, and a brother of Kappa Sigma. I’ve also been the script supervisor for a commercial shot on campus, volunteered for a couple political campaigns, and should probably be going to more events at Hillel.

Where do you see yourself in 20 years, ideally?

Career wise? On television in some way, shape, or form. In general? Laughing, influencing, motivating, creating, staying healthy, and getting to come home to two unique, creative kids and their incredibly attractive mom.

What’s the number one thing you look for in a girl?

A positive attitude. When a woman appreciates a good joke, has a great smile, and can embrace life even in its darkest moments, that’s a dangerous combination.

If you were planning a Valentine’s Day date, what would you do?

Hmm.. What’s my date’s personality like? If she’s outgoing and adventurous, we’ll go biking somewhere scenic, and bring lunch and a blanket with us. If she’s pretty easygoing and enjoys almost anything, maybe we’ll hit up a do-it-yourself carwash and leave absolutely soaked. If she’s reserved and soft-spoken, you really can’t go wrong with a night swim, s’mores, and stargazing.

Do you have a celeb crush?

Somewhere in-between Emmanuelle Chriqui and Erin Andrews.

In three words, how would you describe your style?

Kareem. Abdul. Jabbar.

You often announce games for the Oakland Zoo.  If you were a zoo animal, what would you be?

Definitely a monkey.

What’s your theme song?

“Won’t Land” by Wiz Khalifa.

Do you have a favorite childhood memory?

Wow… I immediately think of all the sporting events I’ve gone to with my dad, but a moment I’ve never forgotten is the first little league game my little sister came to. I was pitching that day, and distinctly remember not being able to help but peer over at her after every pitch like she was an MLB scout. I was never anything special at baseball, but I ended up throwing three or four scoreless innings and hitting a single, double, and homerun. She still has that ball, and I didn’t let her miss a game after that.

You transferred from Penn State to Pitt this year. What’s one thing Pitt has over Happy Valley?

A great men’s basketball team.

Sorrento’s or Antoon’s?

Depends what time it is.

Photo Credit to the Cutie

Thanks for reading our content! hcxo, HC at Pitt