burgess milner OYYE4g I5ZQ unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
burgess milner OYYE4g I5ZQ unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

How to Wear Statement Jewelry

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pitt chapter.

Fashion is all about expressing yourself and making a statement, so what better way to do so than with statement jewelry?  Statement pieces can make an outfit and give you an extra boost of confidence. However, you may not know how to go about incorporating statement pieces into your daily wardrobe. So, here are a few ways to wear statement necklaces, bracelets, earrings, and rings so that you exude confidence and feel fierce!

Add a pop of color.

Make any drab outfit fab by adding a bright-colored statement necklace. This is a sure way to get people to notice you (in a good way) and brighten up your day. Wear the necklace with an all-black or all-white outfit to really make the necklace pop.

Add a statement necklace to a bohemian look.

Adding a big chunky silver necklace can really pull together a boho outfit. You can effortlessly complete an outfit just by adding this one statement piece.

Add a statement in the workplace.

Who said you can’t be fashionable at the work place? Adding a statement necklace can turn that drab suit into something fun, yet still professional. Either add a colorful necklace or just a neutral toned one, but either way, you will be the best dressed in the office.

Dress an outfit up.

Want to still look nice while just wearing a t-shirt and jeans? No problem. Adding a statement necklace will complete the outfit and give it a little something extra.

The “hand-cuff” style.

No, you won’t be getting arrested when you wear these bracelet cuffs. These may seem hard to style, but just wearing them with a fancy dress or a skirt and crop top combo will make you look like you know what you are doing. You can wear them all up your arm or just on your wrists. 

Hand Chains.

You can still wear this piece of jewelry as a statement even though it is more on the dainty side. It is not a common jewelry accessory, so you will surely stand out. Pair it with a flowy dress and floppy hat for a bohemian style.

Glam it up.

Add a pair of statement earrings to an already glam outfit to make you look extra fierce. You can wear colorful earrings or just the classic silver or gold.

Make it casual.

You can also wear statement earrings with a more casual outfit. You can wear a pair of jeans and a comfy sweater and then put on some big earrings to add something extra to the outfit.  Pull back your hair to really show off those earrings.

Put a ring on it.

You can wear rings with pretty much any outfit. Whether it’s one large ring or many dainty rings on all your figures, you will make a statement either way. Try adding a brightly colored ring to a boho outfit with a lot of other statement jewelry.

Photo Credits: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Dominique is a senior at Pitt studying marketing, supply chain management, and business information systems. She's been involved in Her Campus ever since her freshman year. She now serves as the PR & Events Coordinator/Business Manager of Her Campus Pitt. On the national level, she has also served as a chapter advisor. When not planning amazing events for Her Campus, Dominique can be found studying, spending time with her sorority sisters, or watching rom coms on Netflix.
Thanks for reading our content! hcxo, HC at Pitt