This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pitt chapter.

From ombres, tips, front pieces, highlights, or your whole head, chances are that you’ve bleached your hair to some degree this past season. Famous stars started this trend back in 2011, but this fad became truly embodied by the Kardashians this year. Regardless if you’re Kim K or not, you’ll love these tips to save hair exposed to harsh bleaching!

Organix© Moroccan Argan Oil

After you take a shower, spread a quarter sized amount of this throughout your hair. This brand-name can seem expensive, but the big-generic bottles don’t work as well as this one. Do not waste your money or time on them. You want the translucent, golden colored oil—not opaque white goo! Because you should only use this a few times a week, you won’t run out of this high quality product too quickly either.

Coconut Oil

Found in grocery stores for cooking, this is an extraordinarily versatile product. At room temperature, this is a solid, but anything warmer and it melts like butter! Take some and rub it between your hands, and then apply to dry tips. Leave it in for at least 30 minutes. If you have a naturally dry scalp, this is also fantastic for managing dandruff. It can make straight or wavy hair seem greasy, so wearing your hair back for a few hours while it soaks in is recommended.

Curly hair? Heat it up!

Because you put coconut oil on dry, it can be hard for people with curly hair to get it thoroughly through their hair (especially if you want it on your scalp!). To fix this, just put the coconut oil in a saucepan or microwave for a little bit. WARNING: test the temperature with your finger before application. No one likes a burnt scalp.

Thick hair? Olive Oil

This method is one for the books. It helps relax and tame thick hair, smoothing out the rough edges that we usually experience after bleaching. It takes longer to soak in, however, so be prepared to spend about 2 hours in before you wash this one out. It can be applied to wet or dry hair, but try not to get this one on your clothes while you’re giving yourself some “me time.”

Just need to save your ends for the night?

Use Biomega Behave Smoothing Elixir. This can be supplemented with Fructis Style Curl Sculpting Cream Gel (found at Target and Walmart). This comes in multiple de-frizzing strengths, but isn’t necessarily for curly hair only. After all, curly heads aren’t the only ones who have spit end issues!

Hopefully this helps you keep your bleached hair luscious so that you can confidently go prove that blondes do in fact have more fun. Remember: you cannot actually heal a split end, you can only prevent it! So if youre going to bleach your hair, try to use these products often.

Image credit: 1, 2, 3, 4

Junior Economics and Chinese major at Pitt! I am Fundraising chair for our fantastic Pink Level Chapter that was voted "Most Philanthropic" last year. Since I love volunteering and organizing people to help our Pittsburgh community, getting HC members into fun, innovative ways to build this community is my job. We also have fundraisers for both ourselves and our charity partner She's the First. To find out more about their amazing work check out https://www.shesthefirst.org/Look out for our HC Night Out tickets this October! Inquiries: jmc248@pitt.edu
Thanks for reading our content! hcxo, HC at Pitt