How Pitt Students React to Newly Warmer Weather

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pitt chapter.

The first day back all we want to do is sleep forever.

The only thing that can get us out of our beds is the grumbling of our stomachs. So, a Chipotle run is in order (even though you spent all of spring break eating guac in Mexico).

As soon as you step foot into the now afternoon weather, you immediately notice something is different. Did you forget to put on deodorant? Are your pants unzipped?

After walking a few feet you realize it’s not you, it’s the weather. You’re sweating but not from a lack of deodorant. You check the weather app to find that it’s SIXTY DEGREES (#blessed).

You’re so excited that you start walking in the wrong direction, but that’s okay because Pittsburgh is now a sunny and warm place to frolic about in.

TO CHIPOTLE YOU GO.

People are too busy enjoying the newly nice weather by going for a run (you know this because you passed more than a dozen on your three block walk to Chipotle), so you have your burrito in no time. 

You’re so hungry and don’t know what to do with the fact that it’s not freezing and you have a burrito that you decide to stroll and eat. You see what looks like to be a god-sent boy crossing the street ahead of you doing the exact same thing.

After you awkwardly stare and don’t say anything as per usual, you decide to give up on him and enjoy your one true love, the burrito.

You immediately become scared by the fact that boys all around you are clad in shorts and t-shirts, which in no way is okay for this time of year.

Now that your burrito is done, you start to enter your Chipotle induced coma, which calls for a second round of hibernation. Off to your bed you go, promising yourself that you will 100% go for a run tomorrow, because Pitt has rid itself of the winter tundra and has entered the world of spring (fingers crossed)!

Image Credit: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Hi! I'm Jessie and I am currently dual majoring in communication and non-fiction writing at The University of Pittsburgh. I am also the Senior Editor for Pitt's Her Campus! I emulate everything Carrie Bradshaw and can watch Breakfast At Tiffany's everyday for the rest of my life. You can usually find me blasting country music a little too loud while wearing a floppy hat.
Thanks for reading our content! hcxo, HC at Pitt