Her Campus Pitt’s Halloweekend Recap

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pitt chapter.

Roughly the entire duration of October, Her Campus Pitt has posted and shared articles about Halloween. Unfortunately, because Halloween is only one day of the year, posts about the holiday are abruptly cut short after the day of the celebrations. As a result, there are never any post-holiday articles.

As a self-proclaimed professional Facebook lurker, I saw some great costumes from HC Pitt members. I asked the group to share their favorite costumes they either wore or saw this weekend. Here are some highlights:

Madison – This is the best picture of the night for me; Lizard Jesus was also playing “Ave Maria” from his sleeve.

Lexi – For costumes pulled together that were basically of no cost, I think our Rocket Power group costumes were pretty cool!!!

Also, Miss Souf Oakland with a strong selfie game.

Jessie – I saw an Olaf [from Frozen] and I was mad that I didn’t think of it first since I’m obsessed with him.

CaseyMario franchise characters.

Lydia – I was Spinelli from Recess and people either LOVED IT or had no idea who I was…

Also, my rugby team was the cast of Orange is the New Black.

Juliette – My friends and I were the Bridesmaids.

Melodi – My friends and I were the 7 dwarves! It was literally the easiest costume ever to make, and we had tons of fun singing, “hi ho hi ho” randomly walking down the streets of Oakland.

Fredrika – I dressed up as Topanga Lawrence from Boy Meets World. Only a handful of people recognized who I was… (I’m on the right. My roommates are (L to R): A nerd, the Yik Yak app, and a killer bunny.)

A final comment of the most popular costume seen this Halloweekend:

Mavis – Most popular: Elsa [from Frozen]. Legit. Went to Cruze. Saw like 3925430 Elsa’s and only one Anna.

Image credit: Her Campus Pitt-members’ Facebook pages.

Fredrika is a 2015 graduate of the University of Pittsburgh. While at Pitt, she acted as writer, Assistant Senior Editor, and Chapter Advisor for Her Campus and the Her Campus Pittsburgh chapter. She originally hails from Stockholm, Sweden, but has lived in the Northern Virginia area for eighteen years. Follow Fredrika on her personal Twitter, @FredrikaUS!
Hi! My name is Amanda and I am one of the new Campus Correspondents for HC Pitt and am absolutely loving it! Helping others with advice about their articles and getting to read amazing stories has been so rewarding. I love writing about topics that make people's days just a little cheerier! Her Campus has been a wonderful experience for me over the past four years. I get to work with an amazing team every day and could not be more grateful. As a senior, looking back from where I started with Her Campus, I see how much it's changed me and all of the great friends I've made from it too. Saying HC is one of the best things that has happened to me during my college career would be an understatement! I really love how much it has grown and how much others have benefitted from their experience with our organization. HCXO <3