Her Campus Pitt Members Share What They’re Thankful for This Year

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pitt chapter.

Thanksgiving is a time of reflection and giving thanks. So, we here at Her Campus Pitt decided to reflect on what we’re most thankful for this year.

“I’m so ridiculously thankful for my parents. They gave up so much for my brothers and I and have worked so hard to give us the life they dreamed of. I wouldn’t be here in college if it weren’t for their hard work and unwavering support.” – Monica

“My dog, Charles Barkley.” – Corrine

“I’m thankful for my family, friends and the wonderful opportunities that have come my way so far at Pitt. Also, I’m super thankful for the lovely ladies of HC Pitt.” – Erin

“I’m thankful for family and friends who have been supportive with my mental health the past few months. I’m also thankful that I have the opportunity to use classes as a platform to express myself creatively through topics I am passionate about!” – Kate

“I’m thankful for all the wonderful places I’ve had the chance to travel and for the opportunity to study abroad in the spring!” – Katherine

“I’m also very thankful for coffee.” – Katherine

“I’m thankful to have an opportunity to go to school and receive an education, but I’m also thankful to have breaks when I can spend time with friends and family.” – Madelyn

“I’m thankful for my pup, Archie.” – Haley

“On a more serious note, I’m really thankful that I have such supportive and loving friends and family who helped me get my life together over the past year.” – Haley

“I’m thankful for my mom for always inspiring me. She recently started a new job and works so hard. She motivates me to never give up and never back down and keep working hard until I accomplish my dreams.” – Dominique

“My mom and the box of pumpkin cookies she sent me last week!” – Sierra

“I’m thankful for my education.” – Jennie

“I’m thankful for my friends and family who have been by my side during all the ups and downs this year. It’s been a rough one, but I’ve never been alone and I’m so grateful for that.” – Mariah

“I’m thankful that my little sister is here. Back in August she was in a really bad car accident and walked away without a scratch. It was the most terrifying day of my entire life, and every single day I’m thankful she’s here, she’s happy, and making me proud every single day.” – Caroline

Photo Credit: 1, all other photos provided by members of Her Campus Pitt  

Dominique is a senior at Pitt studying marketing, supply chain management, and business information systems. She's been involved in Her Campus ever since her freshman year. She now serves as the PR & Events Coordinator/Business Manager of Her Campus Pitt. On the national level, she has also served as a chapter advisor. When not planning amazing events for Her Campus, Dominique can be found studying, spending time with her sorority sisters, or watching rom coms on Netflix.
Thanks for reading our content! hcxo, HC at Pitt