HC Pitt’s Monthly Favorites: December Edition

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pitt chapter.

Welcome back, collegiettes! It may be a new year, but we’re still obsessing over our favorites from December —all things style, beauty, food, entertainment, and of course, our pets. We know we’ll move on to something new to obsess over in the new year, but here’s what we did, wore, loved, and tweeted about in our last month of 2015!

ENTERTAINMENT

Caroline Eddy and Hannah Ayars: Star Wars: The Force Awakens

Why we’re obsessed: Tbh, who isn’t obsessed? You’re doing it wrong if you haven’t seen it 2+ times.

Katie Milliken: Phipps Conservatory Winter Flower Show

Why we’re obsessed: My favorite thing for December was visiting Phipps and getting to take in all this fantastic scenery.

Katie Piscopio: The movie Sisters

Why we’re obsessed: I had heard the movie didn’t get great reviews, but I went to see it anyway. Needless to say, I could not stop laughing during the entire movie. You can’t go wrong with Tina Fey and Amy Poehler.

FASHION AND BEAUTY

Danielle Rauch: Meet Matt(e) Hughes Liquid Lipstick in Committed

Why we’re obsessed: It’s the matte lipstick that I have always dreamed of.

Sarah Churchman: This dress from Free People

Why we’re obsessed: It is seriously the best thing I’ve ever bought — I wear it all the time. It’s a little bit darker in color though; more wine red than this red.

FOOD

Azeen Athar: Brookside Chocolate

Winter Break Activities (Featuring our pets)

Mariah Reinard: Binge watching + cats = you can’t go wrong!

Why we’re obsessed: My favorite thing was binge watching Grey’s Anatomy with my kitty all break.

Meghan Gary: The Military Bowl Game

Why we’re obsessed: One of my favorite memories from winter break was hanging with this guy at the Military Bowl! (woo go Pitt!)

Taylor Simmons: Reuniting with my cat

Why we’re obsessed: My favorite part about Winter Break was waking up to this precious face every day.

Jess Crawford: Watching my dog open Christmas presents

Why we’re obsessed: He actually unwraps everything himself and digs around the boxes!

Hannah Ayars: Putting antlers on my dog!

Why we’re obsessed: What’s cuter than a dog wearing antlers?

Katie Osborne: Snuggling with this ball of fur

Why we’re obsessed: Snuggling with my cat was the best part of my December. 10/10 would do it again.

MISCELLANEOUS

Lexi Nasonti: Blanket Scarves

Why we’re obsessed: Who doesn’t want an excuse to just straight up take a blanket with you everywhere you go? Now I just need someone to invent a wearable pillow and I’m on my way to taking the best class naps ever!

Maggie Brooks: Beats Solo Headphones 2

Why we’re obsessed: These headphones are awesome quality and they’re amazing for the gym.

Maria Pane: This blanket from my grandma!

Why we’re obsessed: I came home from break and my grandmother had just bought two of the most amazing fleece blankets (from Walmart and Dollar General). They were so warm and comfy and perfect that I spent pretty much all of break with them. Before I came back to school I bought one to take with me. Let me tell you, it was the best purchase I have ever made.(Cons: I either don’t want to get out of bed or I am constantly dreaming of reuniting with my blanket. It is becoming a problem.)

Photo Credit: 1, 3, 4, 5, 6. All other photos provided by contributors.

Katie handles the day-to-day management, development and expansion of our chapter network to ensure that our on-campus presence is stronger than ever. She recently graduated from the University of Pittsburgh, where she studied Nonfiction Writing and Communication. Her extensive Her Campus background dates back to 2012 and she has since held the position of Campus Correspondent and Chapter Advisor. When Katie isn’t watching the Pittsburgh Penguins, you can find her trying new restaurants, obsessing over her long list of shows (The O.C., Scandal and Gilmore Girls are top picks) or setting out to find the perfect donut.
Thanks for reading our content! hcxo, HC at Pitt