HC Pitt’s February Round Up

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pitt chapter.

With March finally beginning, here’s a recap of some of the things we were loving in February!

Movies/TV Shows:

I am currently absolutely obsessed with House of the Dragon. I’m about halfway through the first season and literally cannot wait to keep watching, everyone involved with this project is so insanely talented. 

More Favorites:

• Are You There God? It’s Me Margaret? – Emma
  • Bojack Horseman – Kat
  • Justice League Unlimited – Alison

Song/Album/Artist:

Ever since I watched Before Sunrise I haven’t stopped listening to “Living Life” by Kathy McCarty. I’ve also had “Fast Car” by Tracy Chapman, “Older” by Lizzy McAlpine and “Crying, Laughing, Loving, Lying” by Labi Siffre on repeat. 

More Favorites:

• “Hot and Heavy” by Lucy Davis – Amy
  • “Timeless” by Taylor Swift – Julia
  • “Casual” by Chappell Roan – Emma

Reads:

I have been LOVING Tom Taylor’s run on Nightwing, this month I read Nightwing Vol. 2: Leaping into the Light and Nightwing Vol. 3: The Battle for Bludhaven’s Heart

More Favorites:

• Gwen and Art Are Not in Love by Lex Croucher – Alison
  • Slapstick by Kurt Vonnegut – Kat
  • The Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls – Amy

Pittsburgh Things!:

I am, as always, loving Phantom of the Attic comics. However, some of my other recent Pittsburgh favorites include the Manor Theatre and the White Whale Bookstore, both of which are awesome local places and feature my two favorite things, movies and books. 

More Favorites:

• Yuzu – Julia
  • 60 degrees in February! – Amy
  • Ice Skating at PPG Palace – Emma

Snack/Food/Drink:

I’ve been a GoMacro girl for a long time, but lately, I’ve been absolutely loving the Cherries and Berries flavor. It’s the perfect blend of tart and sweet and is such a great healthy snack.

More Favorites:

• Pepsi Zero – Kat
  • Skinny Pop – Julia
  • Enlightenmint Yerba Mate – Alison

Clothing:

I recently thrifted a super awesome jean jacket with parts of a bandana embroidered onto it and it’s my new closet staple. 

More Favorites:

• Sweats and comfy clothes – Amy
  • Thrifted cable knit turtleneck sweater – Emma
  • Reeboks – Alison

Skincare/Beauty/Hygiene:

I am constantly plagued by terrible undereye bags, but the Ordinary Caffeine Eye Serum has helped me so much and I absolutely love it!

More Favorites:

• Paula’s Choice Moisturizer – Julia
  • Hask Curl Cream – Kat
  • Eucalyptus Spearmint Lotion – Amy

See you in March!

Lauren Deaton is a second-year student at the University of Pittsburgh, she is currently serving both as Chapter Chair and Writer. She most frequently writes about entertainment topics– including music recommendations, topics of representation, and anticipated movie lists. Lauren is double majoring in English Literature and Media and Professional Communications with a focus on Public and Professional Writing. She is also pursuing a Film and Media Studies minor and is a member of the Honors College. She recently completed a communications internship with the Fletcher Free Library and will be beginning a research position with the Language and Literacy Division at Pitt during the Fall 2023 semester. In the future, she hopes to work in publishing helping to increase access to representation. She is also a writer for Studio 412 a creative outlet on Pitt’s campus and is a member of Alpha Epsilon Phi Sorority. Lauren loves her dog, her friends, her family, and everything reading, coming of age and cold brew related.