Trader Joe\'S Reusable Bag
Trader Joe\'S Reusable Bag
Jocelyn Hsu / Spoon

HC Pitt’s Favorite Trader Joe’s Items

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pitt chapter.

Need some new snack ideas? Keep reading for a list of some of our favorite snacks from Trader Joe’s!

Everything But the Bagel Greek Yogurt Dip

Can’t say I’ve had this one before, but it sounds delicious! It seems like the perfect addition to an afternoon snack. Maybe paired with crackers, chips, or dare I say, even a bagel! Who are we kidding, Everything But the Bagel makes any good snack a great snack!

Protein Dark Chocolate Muffin Cup

Need a more filling breakfast? Look no further! I’ve had products similar to this from other stores, but never this one in particular! This was a recommendation from one of our lovely writers, Renne, so this one is sure to be great!

Crispy Crunchy Chocolate Chip Cookies

This is another recommendation from Renne! Personally, I like my chocolate chip cookies on the chewier side, but if crunchy’s your jam, these are sure to be delicious! Even the packaging makes it look like a baked-from-scratch sweet treat from your grandma’s house!

Pecan Pralines

Another sweet treat recommended by our business manager Kaitlyn! Again, I’m not a fan of pecans, so I’ve never had the fortune of trying these. But they look like the perfect sweet, salty snack that just hits the spot!

Apple Chips

Lauren, our chapter chair, is obsessed with these, and I mean obsessed. We usually go through about two to three bags a week in our apartment. They’re a sweet but satisfying snack that pairs great with any meal! Lauren says, “I make a little trail mix with this, other dried fruit, and the granola bites and it’s actually heaven.”

Autumn Harvest Pasta Sauce

Another product I haven’t tried but sounds amazing! Recommended by another one of our writers, Marina, this sounds like an amazing addition to any pasta or mixed vegetable dish. Unfortunately, it is a seasonal item, but it will for sure be on my list as soon as it’s back in stock!

Very Cherry Froze Fruit Mix

Again a recommendation from Lauren, and you guessed it, she’s obsessed with it. I can confirm that she will eat this at every meal given the opportunity. You can use it in a smoothie, as a cold, refreshing snack, or even mix it with some ice cream for dessert! This fruit mix is truly versatile. 

Kettle Corn

Listen, I love regular popcorn. But kettle corn just has that extra sweetness that makes it even better. Another recommendation from Marina (and another one I haven’t yet tried), this can be the perfect snack and is likely best accompanied by a movie.

Chocolate Powerberries

This snack is a top favorite of mine. I bought them on a whim as a snack to bring to the movie theater and I fell in love. A sweet mix of acai, blueberry, cranberry, and pomegranate covered with smooth dark chocolate, sign me up! These are a wonderful sweet treat to keep you going through the day, and are wonderful frozen!

Chocolate Covered Peanut Butter Cups

These are by far HC Pitt’s favorite Trader Joe’s snack, with recommendations from Kaitlyn and several of our writers! I am not a fan of peanut butter (hot take, I know), so I haven’t given these a try, but one of our writers, Amy, gave them this blazing review: “Dark chocolate peanut butter cups — I swear on my life these are better than Reese’s. The chocolate is incredible and the peanut butter is so creamy. I could literally sit down and eat an entire container of these in one sitting. Also, pro-tip, if you want the chocolate to get a little crunchy and get that full melt-in-your-mouth goodness, keep them in the fridge. You won’t regret it.”

I hope you’ve enjoyed our recommendations and you’ll add some things to your shopping list!

Alison is a second-year student at the University of Pittsburgh, and she is currently serving as an editor and writer. Her favorite things to write about are video game/pop culture commentary, music recommendations, and mental health advice. Alison is majoring in Communication Science and Disorders, minoring in English Literature, and working towards a certificate in American Sign Language. In addition to Her Campus, she is a member of the Honors College and National Student Speech Language Hearing Association chapter at Pitt. She is also a research assistant at the Brain Systems for Language Lab at the University of Pittsburgh's School of Health and Rehabilitation Sciences. In the future, she plans to attend graduate school for either Audiology or Speech-Language Pathology. In her free time, Alison loves to read, play video games, listen to music, and hang out with her cat, Peanut Butter.