alexey lin j 0pjgxE1kc unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
alexey lin j 0pjgxE1kc unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

HC Pitt Tells All: Funniest Things That Happened Over Winter Break

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pitt chapter.

I hope everybody had an amazing break! If your break was anything like most of our Her Campus members, you were probably happily glued to your couch binge-watching Netflix. Although, when we did spend time socializing, some hilarious things happened. I hope you laugh as much as I did reading these stories!

Hannah Ayars: The first night I got back to New Jersey all my guy friends wanted me to hang out, but instead I fell asleep on my couch. They then called me repeatedly until I woke back up and drove over to my friend’s house. When I got there I walked in his house, like usual, AND NO ONE WAS THERE. They left to go get Wawa without telling me, so I just awkwardly sat in his living room hoping his parents wouldn’t come downstairs. They then did the same thing a few days later.

Mariah Celeste: I went to see a movie with friends and ran into three of my exes at once, and the movie sold out twice, so we never saw it.

Caroline Eddy: My sister and I spend most of our breaks in the house together. Most of this is spent in silence – watching movies or reading. One day, I was fixing lunch, and neither of us had said a word out loud all day. Suddenly, my sister looks me square in the eyes and said, “Feeling sassy, yet classy, like a chick who just buried her fifth husband.” Neither of said anything until my parents got home from work. She still has not explained herself.

Lauren Fabrizio: I gave my cousin the perfect gift. It was a puzzle that, when put together, was a picture of Burt Reynolds exposing his bare ass. He laughed so hard when he opened it and went to take a picture to show his friends. He told me that when he tried to think of who to show, he thought, “Lauren would love this.” He almost sent the picture to me, and I was sitting next to him. #TwoOfAKind

Lexi Nasonti: I went to one of those trampoline park things for the first time, and somehow I ended up in the dodgeball arena part. My friends were like, “Oh, it’s fun. You’ll love it.” I just thought we’d bounce around for a little bit and toss the balls back and forth, whatever. Then this guy comes in and splits us all up, and we end up in this legit dodgeball match with a ton of relentless children, and somehow I ended up being the last one in on my team (I’m really good at hiding behind other people). Then, all the kids ganged up on me, and that is the story of the first and last time I went to the trampoline park.

Maria Pane: I brought my boyfriend to my family’s New Year’s Eve party, and this was the first family event he has gone to. My eight-year-old cousin, Francesca, took me aside and whispered to me, “You should keep him.” Ten minutes later, after my boyfriend had been joking around with Francesca to the point of frustration, she took me aside again and said, “Never mind! Take him back!”

Katie Piscopio: I went to the movies a ton with my dad and my mom this break, and when my dad and I went on Christmas Day we decided to do a “double feature,” aka seeing one movie and sneaking into another. We were going to see Sisters and wanted to see Star Wars after (for the second time already), but we didn’t have the 3D glasses for Star Wars, so my dad devised this whole plan to steal 2 pairs out of the used glasses bin and wash them off in the bathroom. We were good to go.

Melodi Reich: I was on a road trip with my family and walked into a random restaurant in Charleston, South Carolina and saw one of my friends from Pittsburgh working in the restaurant! I had no idea he worked there at all. It was such a coincidence!

We hope everybody has a great semester!

Photo credit: 1

Junior Fiction Writing and English Literature double majors Italian Studies minor Fun facts: I love all things Italy! My last name even means bread and my friends call me toast. My spirit animals are unicorns, mermaids or Hello Kitty(:
Thanks for reading our content! hcxo, HC at Pitt