HC Pitt’s Unofficial Ranking of Bath & Body Works Candle Scents

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pitt chapter.

If you’re anything like me, then you’re probably crazy obsessed with candles too. My morning routine includes sparking a match then lighting my candle and allowing it to fill my room for the day with whatever scent I currently have until it runs out and I’m on to the next. Right now, I have Rose Water and Ivy from Bath and Body Works. It’s no secret that Bath and Body Works candles tend to be on the pricier end, so I like to stock up when they have their annual candle sale – especially as a broke college student. Let’s rank some of the most popular Bath and Body Works candle scents for your next stock up, with the help of HC Pitt members. 

Warm Vanilla Sugar 

Warm Vanilla Sugar comes close to the top of the list of the best candle scents for several HC Pitt members. It’s a classic scent that you can’t ever go wrong with because it’s perfect for any season. If you like the smell of grandma’s homemade cookies baking in the oven, then you’ll like the smell of this candle too!

Champagne Toast

Champagne toast is one of my personal favorites and high on the list for other HC Pitt members. This floral and fruity fragrance is a bright and bubbly celebration of life. 

Rose Water and Ivy

Ross Water and Ivy is a blend of soft rose petals, rain-kissed Ivy and creamy sandalwood and comes in ranking in the top three among HC Pitt members. This scent makes me want to relax in a warm bubble bath with a face mask on while listening to Taylor Swift. It’s the perfect self care day candle!

Limoncello

Limoncello has mixed reviews among HC Pitt. Some members absolutely love it and others have it at the very bottom of their list. While I’ve never personally bought this candle, I think the citrusy blend of sweet and fresh makes for a perfect home scent. 

Winter 

It appears HC Pitt members rank Winter quite in the middle. The Bath and Body Works Winter candle gives off a fresh scent of snow covered pine trees. Personally, I think this is a great candle for the winter months.

Eucalyptus Mint

Eucalyptus Mint is similar to Rose Water and Ivy in that it has a relaxing and refreshing scent, and is not too overpowering like some other candle scents. A plus to Eucalyptus Mint is that it is a part of Bath and Body Works Aromatherapy fragrance line. The therapeutic and de-stressing components are something all of us students need!

Peach Bellini 

Peach Bellini is another scent HC Pitt members rank differently. While it is not at the top of this list, the juicy peach, fresh mango and white apricot fragrance may be at the top of yours! Peach Bellini is a great fruity scent for spring and summer months. 

Mahogany Teakwood

Something HC Pitt can agree upon is that Mahogany Teakwood ranks last across the board of the eight scents ranked today. While I don’t hate this candle, I never find myself buying this fragrance. It has a strong, masculine scent that you can’t go wrong with if you find yourself wishing you had a significant other. Just light this candle up and you can pretend it’s your non-existent partner’s cologne. 

Lexie is a senior at the University of Pittsburgh. She is majoring in media & professional comm. and has a strong interest in digital marketing. In her free time, Lexie is either at the gym, playing with her pup, or relaxing watching a movie.
Thanks for reading our content! hcxo, HC at Pitt