This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pitt chapter.

The start of a new semester is as renewing as the start of a new year. We tend to set goals for ourselves (like not procrastinating, for example) and are determined to follow through with them. But as the semester wears on, we find ourselves getting lazy and falling back into our old habits. However, this semester will be different (I say for the third semester in a row). This semester, the members of HC Pitt and I are speaking our resolutions into existence in order to make sure that they stick all the way to finals.

“Get my homework and studying done in advance rather than cramming.” -Holly

“Stop skipping classes for no reason!” -Hanna

“Balance work and fun!” -Monica

“Learn how to say ‘no’ to things when I’ve overcommitted myself.” -Madelyn

“Take advantage of all the free events that Pitt has on campus.” -Katherine

“Create a workout routine and stick to it!” -Olivia

“Stop falling down rabbit holes of SNL videos and A$AP Rocky and Childish Gambino music videos.” -Corrine

“Live my days as a Pitt student to the fullest!” -Erin

“Stop looking at my phone in the middle of class.” -Eva

“Learn how to calm down and relax when my anxiety gets bad!” -Emma

“Be more active on campus and take as many professional opportunities as possible.” -Kari

“Expand my horizons and try my hardest in my classes!” -Grace

“To not be afraid to go to office hours when I need help with assignments.” -Briana

Go out there and kill this semester, ladies!

Photo Credit: 1

Madelyn is a senior at the University of Pittsburgh double majoring Psychology and Communications with a certificate in Corporate/Community Relations. Outside of writing and editing for Her Campus Pitt, she is also a member of CHAARG and Gamma Sigma Sigma. In her free time she enjoys watching horror movies, making Spotify playlists, exploring Pittsburgh, getting coffee and working out.
Thanks for reading our content! hcxo, HC at Pitt