mink mingle AlEyuIKuSmc unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
mink mingle AlEyuIKuSmc unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

HC Pitt’s Monthly Favorites: Summer Edition

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pitt chapter.

Welcome back to campus collegiettes! We hope you had an excellent summer filled with plenty of mimosa brunches, Netflix (and no chilling), and all the sleep you missed out on throughout the year. Most of all, we hope your summers were as amazing as ours were – humble brag intended! In efforts to recreate childhood memories of “What I Did Over the Summer” assignments, I asked my fellow HC’ers to share the things they loved the most over the summer for this edition of HC Pitt’s Favorites!

We like to think that, as a group, we’re some of Pitt’s best trendsetters (insert hair flip emoji here). As such, we want to share with you some of our current but fleeting obsessions—from style and beauty, to foods and entertainment. We know we’ll move on to something new to obsess over soon, but here’s what we did, wore, loved and tweeted about over the summer!

Casey Schmauder: Ice CreamWhy we’re obsessed: Always ice cream in the summer!

Abby Stubenbort: Simple’s Micellar Water!

Why we’re obsessed: When it was super-hot and my makeup stuck to my face, I felt that makeup wipes weren’t doing the job. Tons of beauty bloggers were talking about Micellar Water — the amazing makeup remover. We got a coupon for the water at Her Conference and I knew I had to try it. AND I LOVE IT. It makes my face feel so fresh and cool, and it’s disgusting to see how much makeup is actually still on my skin after the makeup wipe. It’s now a staple in my beauty regime!

Madison Shaftic: Pigtail french braids!Why we’re obsessed: I got bored this summer and taught myself how to do them. They can be cute, sporty, whatever you want.

Sarah Filiault: T-shirt dresses!!Why we’re obsessed: They’re so comfy and can be worn for basically anything. And they are wicked flattering!

Jessie Iacullo: One-piece bathing suits

Why we’re obsessed: Because they’re fun and flattering and comfy to wear when you’re outside with friends but not trying to get a tan!

Rachel Malkin: BralettesWhy we’re obsessed: Does anyone wear actual bras anymore????

Emily Kearns: Sandals from Target

Why we’re obsessed: I bought four different pairs this summer and wore them ALL THE TIME! They’re all super cute and more importantly, super affordable.

Maggie Brooks: Steve Madden jelly pumps (and being a hot mess)

Bekah Jean: Those flowy pants with the crazy designs

Why we’re obsessed: That’s where my entire pay check went this summer.

Sarah Churchman: Tassels and pom poms on everything

Morgan Everett: Whose Line Is it Anyway

Why we’re obsessed: I’ve been re-watching the episodes from the original series (Drew Carey-era), and they’re so much funnier now that I’m not 7 years old. Very much recommended.

Megan Baksi: Matt and Kim!Why we’re obsessed: I saw them twice this summer, and they were incredible both times. They are now my favorite band to dance/walk through South O listening to.

Katie Milliken: Bonnaroo Music and Arts Festival

Why we’re obsessed: It was amazing and I’m very glad I went!

Lauren Nace:  Two new album releases: Badlands by Halsey and No Closer to Heaven by The Wonder YearsWhy we’re obsessed: I started listening to Halsey right at the end of last year and quickly became obsessed. Her new album Badlands was just released and I’ve been listening to it on repeat for a week straight! I couldn’t just choose one favorite though, so I had to add in the newest release from one of my favorite bands The Wonder Years. No Closer to Heaven is a pop-punk album that you can tell is TWY’s best work yet upon the very first listen.

Katie Piscopio: Red Bubble stickers

Why we’re obsessed: I decorated my clipboard and water bottle at camp in camp themed ones this summer, and they just made my day! They have any possible sticker you can imagine, and they’re a great way to decorate your laptop, water bottles, and more. My personal favorite was the “hydrate or die” one on my clipboard.

Image credit: Her Campus Pitt Instagram, 2, via contributors, 5, 6, via contributors

BA in Communication and Business Certificate in Digital Media University of Pittsburgh 2016   HC Pitt Business Manager & Social Media Manager 2015-2016 I like sleep and pop culture. @laurnace | laurnace@gmail.com *Opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect Her Campus or Her Campus Pitt as a whole nor do others' opinions necessarily reflect my own. 
Thanks for reading our content! hcxo, HC at Pitt