HC Pitt’s Monthly Favorites: March

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pitt chapter.

We’re back for another round of our monthly favorites! Here’s what we’ve been talking about, tweeting about, and just generally obsessing over throughout March.

Abby Stubenbort and Jess Crawford: Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt

Why we’re obsessed: Abby – Claiming Tina Fey as my earthbound Goddess, I had to watch her new Netflix-based installment. It’s so funny in the actual LOL-way and is so saturated with joke after joke that you have to watch it again just to pick up some of the jokes you missed. It jabs at clichés by being cliché… but only in the way that Tina Fey can. It’s already been signed for a second season, so watch it while it’s hot! At 13 episodes, that’s easily a week’s worth of television (or a day’s, let’s be real).

Jess – Also cool about Kimmy Schmidt: it’s not another dark drama. Breaking Bad, House of Cards, etc. are all kind of epics of out-of-this-world dark characters going from bad to worse. Kimmy is finally something that is just the opposite of that: happy and fun, while also jabbing at real current issues.

Fredrika Unander-Scharin: Showtime’s Shameless!

Why we’re obsessed: I’ll let the official summary of the show explain it all: “Meet the fabulously dysfunctional Gallagher family. Dad’s a drunk, Mom split long ago, eldest daughter Fiona tries to hold the family together. Eldest son Philip (Lip) trades his physics tutoring skills for sexual favors from neighborhood girls. Middle son Ian is gay. Youngest daughter Debbie is stealing money from her UNICEF collection. Ten-year-old Carl is a budding sociopath and an arsonist, and toddler Liam is – well, he might actually be black, but nobody has a clue how.”

Lauren Nace: Grace Helbig

Why we’re obsessed: Grace Helbig is an internet personality and all-around funny person. She grew to popularity on YouTube with multiple channels and millions of subscribers but has recently furthered her media takeover to include a book and an upcoming late night talk show on E! The show premieres Friday, April 3rd, and I expect big things and lots of laughs from it.

Mavis Salomon-Lowden: Dan and Phil

Why we’re obsessed: They are British YouTubers that Amanda (Corrado) and I are basically in love with. The duo is hilarious and is the perfect stress reliever between work and school. Watch them playing gaming videos here.

Priya Ranganathan: Lindsey Stirling’s Phantom of the Opera!

Why we’re obsessed: It’s an incredible medley of the songs from one of my absolute favorite soundtracks/musicals, and Lindsey is a top class violinist! It’s also my new challenge to play on the violin – I’ve been practicing and I can’t imagine how she plays it so well while dancing… watch her video!

Morgan Everett: THIS.

Why we’re obsessed: I’m obsessed with CollegeHumor videos in general, but this is my favorite right now. Basically it’s everything we’ve wanted Usher to say to us for years. It’s also crazy catchy, so be prepared to be singing, “We can do each other with re-ci-pro-ciiiii-ty” for the next month or so.

Katie Piscopio: HC Fashion/Beauty Editor Jessie Iacullo’s new food Instagram, hungrygrl_bigcity

Why we’re obsessed: The mouthwatering images make me hungry and happy throughout the day, and it’s an awesome opportunity to submit your best food photos and have them viewed by hundreds. It’s on the way to instafame!

Maggie Brooks: Knee high socks

Why we’re obsessed: They’re perfect for this transitional weather!

Jess Crawford: Victoria Secret’s new “The Ultimate” sports bras

Why we’re obsessed: Amazingly comfortable and supportive for running, but THAT CLEAVAGE THO.

Lexi Surunis: Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder

Why we’re obsessed: I just bought this and WOW, it’s great. I use it after I’ve already applied a liquid foundation for extra coverage, but it can also be used by itself if you don’t need as much coverage! It evens out the skin without looking like it’s caked on. Highly recommended!!!

Jessie Iacullo: Bumble & Bumble surf spray!

Why we’re obsessed: I bought it for my spring break trip to spray in my hair for day to day (since I wasn’t going to be using heat on it), and it has become a staple in my hair routine! This product is amazing and helps me achieve my Carrie Bradshaw-like hair *insert sassy girl emoji here*.

Megan Baksi: Breugger’s Bagels!

Why we’re obsessed: I had it for the first time this semester, and since then I have gone every Sunday for a new bagel/cream cheese combo. It’s the perfect Sunday morning treat (other than brunch)!

Amanda Corrado: Cycling!

Why we’re obsessed: I love cycling! I was apprehensive at first to get started, because I had heard it’s such a difficult workout. But when I tried it I got hooked. It’s an amazing way to build up strength, and for me it’s a great way to push myself. I am not going to lie – it is a challenge. However, I find this way of exercise to be the most effective. Sign up for a Soul Cycle class today or check out the Healthy U schedule for next semester!

Image credit: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 (via contributor)

BA in Communication and Business Certificate in Digital Media University of Pittsburgh 2016   HC Pitt Business Manager & Social Media Manager 2015-2016 I like sleep and pop culture. @laurnace | laurnace@gmail.com *Opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect Her Campus or Her Campus Pitt as a whole nor do others' opinions necessarily reflect my own. 
Thanks for reading our content! hcxo, HC at Pitt