The Good Girl’s Guide to Being Naughty

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pitt chapter.

Although I would not recommend always following advice from rappers, Lil John might have been on to something with his lyrics, “You want a lady in the street, but a freak in the bed.” It is not uncommon for a lady commonly perceived as “good” to want to be a little less than that behind closed doors. She may even want to record these private moments and share them with a certain special someone, or to just be able to view herself over and over again from a different perspective. For those of you who aren’t catching my drift, allow me to be a little more obvious: sexting or video recording you and your partner getting down and dirty is seriously hot and appealing to some people. However, once something is captured digitally, it can be dangerous in terms of coming back to haunt you in the future. Luckily, there are ways to enjoy your sexuality with a decreased risk of incriminating videos or pictures biting you in the ass (no pun intended) later in life.

With the Internet becoming more and more invasive as well as widespread every day, people are becoming paranoid about the information on themselves that could be discovered. Depending on the information, it could put prospective job opportunities in jeopardy or simply give someone a bad reputation. This is the reason why many women are afraid to have themselves visually documented doing things that are so NSFW (not suitable for workplace), despite the fact that they may want to. But, think about it, the reason people get in trouble when media of this nature is exposed is because they are identifiable and can then be associated with those actions even when they are not always engaged in them. So, the obvious fix is to do these things in a way so that you cannot be recognized.

Going incognito may be easier than you think. All you have to do is position the camera in a way so that your face is out of focus, and thus unrecognizable. Either adjust the lens so the picture is slightly blurry or put the viewpoint far enough away from the action so that the people are indistinguishable but the movement is still undeniably sexy. Or, get a bit more creative and wear a disguise, from full on costume to just a mask. This not only hides your identity, but adds a role playing factor with which you can never go wrong, as long as you’re playing to your own fantasies.

With these guidelines, you can breathe a little easier knowing that you can succumb to the urge of creating sexy media and have a reduced chance of it getting leaked to the world. So, feel free to record yourself prancing around in all your glory in the privacy of your own home that would otherwise get you arrested for public indecency (even though I’m sure you look way better than just decent).

Hey, I'm Chris Baker and I just began writing for HerCampus at Pitt. I love God, my family and friends, sports, and my amazing fraternity, Pi Kappa Phi. I love to talk, write, and engage with people, in particular, I like to argue, haha. I love Pitt so if you go here and don't already know me, you should find me and get to know me! Contact me anytime at cbb17@pitt.edu,Thanks for reading!