The Good, the Bad and the Awkward: First Kiss Stories

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pitt chapter.

Sometimes your first kiss is extremely special and perfect and romantic – but sometimes it is soo not. The following is a compilation of the good, the bad, and the most awkward first kiss stories sent in anonymously from the girls here at Her Campus Pitt!

“My first kiss with my current boyfriend was perfectly and ridiculously awkward. It was our second date and he asked if I wanted to go on an adventure, so of course I said yes – but he said it had to be a surprise so he took me to an overlook I hadn’t been to before. He led me out over the rocks where we sat and talked and he was so awkward (insert sweaty palms and goofy pick up line, which was a joke and actually funny in his defense) that when he first went in for a kiss I denied him. But then he got all confident and when I looked at him again he took my head in his hands and kissed me. It was sweet and awkwardly adorable. Afterward, we realized there was a family standing behind us watching.”

“So I had been talking to this guy for like a month, but he went to a different high school so we never really got to hang out. One day on a whim (and after peer pressure from my friends) I asked him to hang out. We got Moe’s (aka fake chipotle) and watched movies although it was kinda awkward the whole time lol. At the end of the night, he walked me out to my car. We were just standing there and he was like “do you want a kiss” and I said, “Uh, sure.” Then we kissed for approximately the most awkward 4 seconds of my life. We stopped talking to each other immediately after. Also: nobody looks attractive eating a burrito so Moe’s was probably not a good first date place.”

“Okay, so I have two! The first one is just me and my guy best friend in preschool kissed because he was like “You’re a girl. I’m a boy. We should kiss” and he just kissed me in the middle of playtime. The other one was just me and my first high school “bf” after he asked me out and told me he liked me. He bought me a present after a week and he gave it to me in an empty classroom and then kissed me afterwards.”

“We were coming home from a walk at a park near his house. We had been hanging out for a while now and he hadn’t kissed me. I was pretty confused about that. We were holding hands and all of a sudden he turns and pulls on my hand. I fly towards him and our noses collide. Completely a failed kiss. Then he kissed my nose and finally actually managed to kiss my lips. My nose was bruised for like a week.”

“My first kiss with my current boyfriend was in an elevator. He came to my dorm and was hanging out with me and my friends, so it was awkward timing to kiss me. We’d hung out quite a few times before hand, but it was always in groups. I was nervous, so it just hadn’t happened. When I was going downstairs to sign him out, he kissed me in the elevator and said “I’m sorry that took me so long.” I literally melted. Now we really like making out in elevators!”

“My first kiss was my freshman year of high school in my basement with my boyfriend of two weeks. I was growing impatient to have my first kiss, and he seemed like he wasn’t going to be making any moves any time soon, so I kissed him! It was awkward, and I tried to make it obvious by staring at him and moving my face closer, but he apparently had no idea I was going to kiss him until it happened. But now I just like telling people 14 year old me had the balls to kiss him first!”

“My first kiss was just at the mall on a date with a girl and I just was holding hands with her walking through the mall. I turned to look at her until she looked at me and then I kissed her on the lips. My first KISS (makeout kiss) was when I was with this other girl and we were at a concert twerking and grinding, then she turned around and we started kissing each other.”

“In seventh grade, I was on the field hockey team and this kid I was dating (texting nonstop and awkwardly staring at in the hallways) was on the cross country team. Every day, he’d buy a PowerAde from the machine outside the locker rooms. One day, a group of girls and I came out to go to practice and he was there. My friend shoved me into him and was like “LOOK IT’S YOUR BOYFRIEND!” And so we actually spoke face-to-face for the second time ever in our three-month texting relationship, and he looked at me while he asked “Are we supposed to kiss now or something?” My friend pushed our heads together and so I had my first kiss! Everyone around us cheered. We were the best known couple of the school for the week we lasted after that event.”

“My freshman year of high school was when I had my first kiss with the guy I was dating and I cracked up in the middle of the kiss. I have nooo idea why, maybe it was nerves, but I burst out laughing! He asked me what was wrong, and I COULD NOT stop laughing!”

“I had been in this weird online relationship thing with my Tumblr friend’s friend the summer after my senior year. I was going to see her in Canada and he came to the airport with her.  I had never kissed anyone before so I was so so nervous –  I was meeting my boyfriend for the first time plus probably having my first kiss (we actually were pretty legit; I still think about him sometimes). So I had told him I wasn’t sure I wanted to kiss in the airport because I was so freaking nervous, but when I got there he hugged me and whispered in my ear that I looked beautiful. I looked in his eyes and he leaned forward slowly like to ask if it was ok since he knew how nervous I was. I gave him a little nod and then we did that super slow moving towards each other thing you see in the movies before our lips finally met and I swear it’s the most romantic thing that has ever happened to me to this day.”

“My current boyfriend and I were friends for a while during freshmen year and we both really enjoy Game of Thrones. The chemistry was really strong all year, but neither of us were making moves. Once night, I was having a GOT watch party in my dorm. It was break time so everyone went to get food or whatever, and it was just him and I in the room. I left to get some water and when I came back in the room, I had this sudden urge to kiss him. So I just ran over, jumped on him, and kissed him! He was surprised, but I think I was more surprised than he was because I was really shy. I was embarrassed, but he was so happy and we’ve been dating ever since!”

“My first kiss was when I went to a party with my friend from volunteering. Her really attractive friend got really drunk and cornered me and suffocated me with his face. It was really wet. Basically tried to stick his tongue down my throat.”

“My first kiss was freshman year with this girl I was dating for a month. We were hanging out at her friend’s house because her friend’s parents were away. We were all chilling, and then her friend’s parents told her that they were going to be home in ten minutes. In a frenzy we ran to the guest room closet. Her friend put on music to drown out any sound we might make. The song was Selena Gomez’s ‘A Year Without Rain’. We made out for maybe an hour. We snuck out the next morning. I still know all the words to that song.”

Picture credit: 1

Hi! I'm a junior at Pitt and I finally learned how to pump my own gas (But only at some gas stations - sorry, I'm from Jersey). I'm a big fan of cities, fast cars, alternative music and thinking outside the bun. 
Thanks for reading our content! hcxo, HC at Pitt