Giveaway Alert! Oaklander Hotel x Urbanfitco

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pitt chapter.

In need of a quick get-away? Enter to win the dreamiest Pittsburgh staycation ever, courtesy of The Oaklander Hotel and urbanfitco.! One over-the-moon lucky gal and her bestie/SO will receive:

• $300 Gift Card to urbanfitco.
  • 2-Night Stay at The Oaklander Hotel
  • 2 Tickets to Pitt’s Homecoming Game
  • Private in-room spa treatment during your Staycation at The Oaklander Hotel
  • 2 breakfasts (1 each morning) at Spirits & Tales (1 brunch cocktail per guest at each meal)
  • The Oaklander’s Tailgate Package basket full of game day treats prepared by Executive Chef Jessica Lewis and swag from urbanfitco.’s PGH Collection

All you have to do to enter is visit the urbanfitco. store at 412 Beaver Street and ask a stylist for the exclusive entry details. You must be over the age of 21 to enter. The contest ends on October 13th, so hurry over to Sewickley to join in on the fun!

Aside from this enchanting giveaway, the gals collaborating to host this event are two Pittsburgh-based entrepreneurs absolutely thriving in the city. The founder of urbanfitco., KC Kaluhiokalani, is a Sewickley native that started urbanfitco. as an online boutique in 2015 to promote wellness and self-love with a ‘yinzer’ twist. urbanfitco. sets itself apart as a brand with an array of high-quality, size-inclusive clothing and activewear. Their style vibe is one of sophistication with an emphasis on comfort and wearability for the day-to-day activities of a working woman. As urbanfitco.’s customer base inevitably grew, KC opened up her first flagship store in Sewickley that continues to be very popular and successful today. To learn more about KC and what her brand stands for, check out her blog and Instagram.

In addition, The Oaklander Hotel’s Executive Chef, Jessica Lewis, is an ambitious and talented woman that has built quite an impressive reputation for herself on the Pittsburgh restaurant scene. Chef Lewis has worked in various roles at some of the trendiest hotspots in the city of Pittsburgh, including: Smallman Galley, The Commoner, Whale Downtown, and Merchant Oyster Co., among more. Since becoming the Executive Chef, Jessica has created a bold, flavorful menu at Spirits & Tales that mirrors the sleek, modern ambiance of the space inside The Oaklander Hotel itself. This is Chef Lewis’ first position as the executive chef of a larger-scale operation, and she is doing a phenomenal job as demonstrated by Spirits & Tales’ 4.1 star rating on OpenTable. Be sure to make a reservation and visit Chef Lewis at Spirits & Tales.

Megan Stafford is a second-year undeclared science major at Pitt. When she is not studying, Megan enjoys traveling, visiting art galleries, and trying new coffee shops.