This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pitt chapter.

Name: Giulia Schuab

Year: Freshman

Major: Undecided/Pre-Law

Hometown: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

Fun Fact: I am extremely passionate about the Oxford comma and the show Friends.

Her Campus: So, why Pitt?

Giulia: Ah, where else! My grandpa, dad, and mom all went here, so it felt like a really natural choice. I love the urban setting of Pitt and I love the people here. You get to meet all kinds of different people, and there are a lot of opportunities to be involved. Not to mention, it has a great reputation and I feel proud to go here.

HC: That’s awesome! Have you become involved in any clubs this year?

GS: Yes! I volunteer for Strong Women Strong Girls, and I write for the Pitt News in the Arts and Entertainment section.

HC: Can you tell me a little more about SWSG?

GS: Sure. It’s been at Pitt for a few years now and is run by a great group of young women. Basically, we are divided into groups and assigned an elementary school that we make weekly trips to and spend time with the girls there. We do fun stuff like arts and crafts and reading stories, but our goal is to just put out a lot of positivity on female empowerment and make those little girls feel good about themselves.

HC: Why did you chose to get involved with it?

GS: Because I love kids! I remember what it was like at that age and I wish there was something like that when I was younger, so I love being able to participate in something like this now and hopefully help those girls in some way.

HC: Do you want to work with kids going into Pre-Law?

GS: Maybe. I looked into it a little bit and am really interested in Adoption Law and Orphan’s Court, so maybe that’s in my future!

HC: Thanks so much! Good luck, Giulia!

Image Credit: Photo provided by the celebrity

Elaine is a food loving, FRIENDS watching, Oxford comma enthusiast who has a passion for writing. She is a Business Information Systems and Human Resources Management double major and shares a love for people, languages, and technology. When she isn't experimenting in the kitchen or posting on @AndAChocolateDrizzle, she is either reading, laughing, or venturing through the city on the hunt for the best slice of pizza. 
Thanks for reading our content! hcxo, HC at Pitt