Get Inspired with Lokai Bracelets

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pitt chapter.

The Lokai bracelet may just look like a silicon bracelet with one black bead and one white bead with clear beads in between, but it’s actually way more than that.

This bracelet has inspired people around the world to be humble when they’re high in life and hopeful when they’re at their lowest. The black bead contains mud from the Dead Sea and the white bead has water from Mount Everest. This bracelet serves as a physical reminder that life comes full circle and there are often points of highs and lows. What’s even more interesting is that the clear silicon beads are for individuals to fill in for themselves (metaphorically) as everyone has a different life path. How awesome is that?!

Steven Izen is the founder of the Lokai bracelet. He found himself in these two very different places in life: at an extreme high and an extreme low. He shares his story on the Lokai website, which was the inspiration for the bracelet. Not only was this bracelet born from inspiration, but it has inspired those who have bought it because of its message. Plus, 10% of the net profits go to charity!

Personally, I think this bracelet is a symbol that everyone should carry with them in some way. Maybe the bracelet isn’t for you; $18 is somewhat expensive for a silicon bracelet. However, the message is important. There are many times when we feel like we are on top of the world where nothing can touch us, but it’s important to stay humble at those times and remember that not everyone is up there with you. At the low times, we need to remember that things will get better; there is hope.

Whether you purchase the bracelet to have mud from the Dead Sea and snow from Mount Everest or just to remind yourself that life is good in some way every day, wear it with pride and confidence!

Image Credit: 1

Thanks for reading our content! hcxo, HC at Pitt