This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pitt chapter.

College. For these wonderful four years we mature as young adults slaving over long hours spent in Hillman, surviving on crappy food, and are always on the hunt for a new internship or job to add to our résumé. In between our busy schedules and trying to maintain a healthy social life, we are bound to slip and engage in a naughty hookup or two (or three, or four, or five haha). But, we are only human and let’s face it: we all have “needs” that can’t be satisfied by Hillman or getting an A in that one tough class. Hooking up has become more than just sex or making out at a party. It’s become a staple of our generation. We are all too busy to actively seek out long lasting and fulfilling relationships where we can ride off into the sunset like some Disney movie. We’ve got more important things to focus on, like studying, jobs, and somewhere in between, actually enjoying college while we are still here. It’s for these reasons that instead of feeling awkward after a hookup (sex or otherwise) you should NEVER feel ashamed. We’ve all been there and for those 7 glorious minutes of sex (hopefully more) we regret nothing. So throw caution to the wind just a few times, if you can, while in college and enjoy hookup culture. 

Have a great summer! Stay frisky folks! HCXO

I'm a current Junior at the University of Pittsburgh, majoring in Political Science and minoring in Spanish language! I was born and raised in Philadelphia and I am a huge city kid! I'm very open about most things in my life; Sex, drinking, partying, friendships, etc. (you name it). I'm a firm believer of loving and knowing yourself before allowing others to make those decisions for you. If you don't love yourself or know who you are, then others never will!
Just your average 6'2'' czech girl with nine toes =)