Life > Academics

Five Study Spots Around Campus For MidTerms

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pitt chapter.

Unfortunately, midterm season is upon us which can only mean one thing – lots of studying. Whether your midterms are exams, essays, quizzes or projects, finding a study spot on campus can be crucial to your studies. If you find yourself in need of a different space to get your work done besides your dorm or apartment, here are some of my favorite study spots to get you through the season.

First Floor of the Cathedral

Looking to get in the studying frame of mind with a mix of a Hogwarts aesthetic? Then the Cathedral is for you!

23rd Floor of the Cathedral

Continuing on the theme of the Cathedral comes another one of my favorite floors in the iconic building, the 23rd floor. With a more modern look, the floor provides a nice study area with a great view, perfect for your studying needs. 

Ground Floor of Hillman

How could I write an article about study spots without the ideal study spot Hillman Library? If you’re looking to study with some friends and don’t mind some noise, the ground floor is perfect!

Third Floor of Hillman

Hillman has more to offer than just one floor! The third floor is perfect for those looking for either group studying, but couldn’t find a spot on the ground floor, or looking to find a table to themselves to delve into all their work for the week. It’s the best of both worlds (cue Hannah Montanna). 

Fourth Floor of HIllman

Okay, now this spot is my absolute favorite study spot. The fourth floor of Hillman is designated as the “quiet floor” meaning that it’s the perfect spot to go to when you’re cramming or need to get a paper done by 11:59p.m. The fourth floor features little cubicles which allow students to focus solely on their work. 

Pitt has plenty of study spots around campus. Whether it’s studying at the Dunkin’ on Forbes or one of the Nationality Rooms in the Cathedral, fellow Panthers can find one of their own spots to get all of their work done. Hopefully, this article gives you some ideas for the next place to go when you’re in a time crunch! Happy studying!

Serena is a Junior at the University of Pittsburgh who is majoring in English Writing with minors in Creative Writing and Legal Studies. When she's not writing short stories for class, Serena loves to write for HC Pitt, listen to music, and watch Jersey Shore!