This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pitt chapter.

Living in New Jersey, I don’t have a ton of awesome music festivals near me to attend without doing at least a somewhat painful amount of traveling. But the one I do have within 2 hours from me always has the most perfect lineups. That’s right, it’s Firefly Music Festival in Dover, Delaware. Firefly just released its lineup in November (which was super early) and tickets went on sale 2 days later. And guess what… I’m going! Due to my excitement, I decided to put together a list of songs from the festival’s lineup that every possible Firefly attendee should listen to.

M83: ‘Wait’

I’m in love with this song and video. If you need to do any hard core studying, this is the song for you. I’ve never felt so peaceful and calm while doing chemistry homework in my life. This song may also prove useful if you need a good cry because it’s in the film adaption of The Fault In Our Stars.

The White Panda: ‘Midnight Life

‘Midnight Life’ is an awesome mash up of Kanye West’s ‘Good Lift’ and M83’s ‘Midnight City.’ I’d also recommend ‘Cooler Than Latch,’ a mashup of Disclosure’s ‘Latch’ and Mike Posner’s ‘Cooler Than Me.’ The White Panda has some really unique music and should definitely be a good time at Firefly!

Disclosure: ‘Magnets’ ft. Lorde

This song is fire (this is kind of punny if you’ve seen the video). I mean, seriously, can you think of a better combination then Disclosure and Lorde? I’m so pumped to see Disclosure live!

St Lucia: ‘Elevate’

I’ve already seen St. Lucia twice, and I love them! If you like ‘Elevate,’ you should definitely check out ‘Closer Than This,’ ‘Wait for Love,’ or just about anything else by them.

Ludacris: ‘My Chick Bad’

This song screams middle school to me, and I am so insanely excited to see it performed live. Side note: I remember my friends being horrified by how inappropriate this song was back in the day, and that makes it even better.

The Wombats: ‘Jump Into the Fog’

If you enjoy ‘Jump Into the Fog,’ I would also recommend their song ‘1996.’

Robert DeLong: ‘Long Way Down’

Robert DeLong may not be the most popular artist in the Firefly line up, but he is definitely one of the acts I am most excited for. If you haven’t also listened to ‘Don’t Wait Up’ or ‘Jealousy,’ you are missing out!

Hippie Sabotage: ‘Your Soul’

I literally just discovered Hippie Sabotage after seeing this year’s lineup, and this song is on point.

CHVCHES: ‘Leave a Trace’

My boyfriend and I were super excited for CHVCHES to release their second album (okay, he was definitely a lot more excited than I was) and it did not disappoint! This is the big track for their second album. Make sure to give ‘Never Ending Circles’ a listen too.

Porter Robinson: ‘Lionhearted’

If you like ‘Lionhearted,’ also check out ‘Sad Machine!’

Major Lazer: ‘Watch Out for This’

Like this song? Listen to one of Major Lazer’s most popular tracks, ‘Lean On,’ which features another one of Firefly’s acts, MØ.

Earth, Wind and Fire: ‘September’

I think I lost it a little when I saw the lineup and realized who Earth, Wind and Fire was. These guys are going to be a main priority for me in June. So excited to groove to some of their quality jams!

Night Riots: ‘Contagious’

I feel like this is one of the lesser known songs on my list, and it’s solidly one of my current favorites.

Two Door Cinema Club: ‘Sleep Alone’

After missing them in concert approximately 4 years ago, it’s finally happening for me! This song has always been one of my favorites. ‘Undercover Martyn’ also deserves two thumbs up. Also, can we just talk about how great the flying bed in this video is?

The Struts: ‘Roll Up’

I’m not going to lie, The Struts seem really weird…. and it speaks to me.

Blink-182: ‘All The Small Things’

It’s Blink-182. Does this need more of an explanation then that?

Civil Twilight: ‘Letters From The Sky’

A million thanks to Philadelphia radio 104.5 for having these incredibly talented South Africans at their free summer block party. Civil Twilight is perfection. I would also recommend ‘Story of an Immigrant’ and ‘Oh Daniel,’ plus just about any other song by them.

Coleman Hell: ‘2 Heads’

“Our love aint nothing but a monster with two heads.”

Ellie Goulding: ‘Lights’ (Bassnectar Remix)

I decided to change it up and throw in the Bassnectar remix because it’s one of my favorite remixes of all time. Ellie can do no wrong (besides maybe cheat on Ed Sheeran?).

Oh Wonder: ‘Technicolour Beat’

I’m not going to lie, this is the only song I know by Oh Wonder. But, it’s enough for me to be excited to possibly see them.

Mumford and Sons: ‘Lover of the Light’

I figured I’d leave my favorite headliner, and favorite artist attending Firefly in general, for last! I’ve been IN LOVE with Mumford since their first album came out and I was absolutely heartbroken when they took their break between their second and third albums. I never thought I’d get the chance to see them in concert, so seeing their name first in the lineup was probably the most exciting thing that has happened to me all semester. I honestly couldn’t decide what Mumford song to include because I love every single song from their first two albums, but if you want a song from their third album, then ‘The Wolf’ is the way to go.

I hope you dig my song choices! This list only includes a very small percentage of the talented artists performing at Firefly. Don’t forget to jam out to Deadmau5, Florence and the Machine, Fetty Wap, Of Monsters and Men, The Neighbourhood, Grouplove, The 1975, Atlas Genius, and many more before buying your ticket and heading to Delaware. See you in June for four amazing days of music!

Photo Credits: 1

Hi! I'm a junior at Pitt and I finally learned how to pump my own gas (But only at some gas stations - sorry, I'm from Jersey). I'm a big fan of cities, fast cars, alternative music and thinking outside the bun. 
Thanks for reading our content! hcxo, HC at Pitt